FedEx Freight | winter weather alert

Mr.breeze

TB Lurker
Credits
protect your job,take a point(or what every it's caled) apply your medical leave,shut it down.what ever it takes.I would hear these rumors of drivers being let go because of weather related incidents,accidents.I would always chaulk it up as the driver being careless and making bad judgement calls.The word would be that it was going to happen sooner or later.Then I started hearing more of it on this blog.Then a fellow driver (one of the better employees I know) had ( from what I hear) an incident then a accident within a month or so and now has been disquilified pending a review.SORRY I WAS WRONG! It's funny how the ones you have witnessed running hard in good or bad weather can seem to get by with the noumerous incidents,accidents and still keep on working (with watkins/natl.) The employee that you would trust your life with as a team driver gets disquified.this should put the fear of god into each driver concerned with there job.so do what you need to protect your job!

It has always been the policy depending on the severity of the accident to be disqualified for 3 days pending the driver review. Usually the guys we had that went through the review, if they had a decent record, came back after the 3 days and watched videos and such to be "re-educated"

I'm going to call in every day. There is a chance I'll crash and lose my job.

I wonder how long you dopes will have a job if you call off every time it spits snow?

Listen if we shut it down every time it snows not only would the company be broke so would we. There is severe weather which dictates shutting it down and there is weather that dictates to slow down. I see a lot of fedex drivers flying by me in the hammer lane when I cant see the lines consistently. I try and make a proper judgement based on the situation. I like to keep pedal to the metal and get home but I choose to arrive alive. FYI, I heard a nasty rumor that after this winter season is over there will be another winter season in nine months but is was only a rumor. Be careful out there