Central Transport | With a competent leader

when it was just pjax their trucks were'nt the greatest but we had decent accounts, our next day service was great, we had raises and morale was good.

I feel like making some enemies tonight. Vitran and PJAX both sucked the big hairy on before the "merger". Now together they suck a larger and hairier one.

Maybe back when trucks were double or single digits things were good but I have never seen those days. I hear ten to fifteen years ago Vitran was ok but not better than the big players.

However, I could not give two craps less about my home town or the high school I went to either. I guess loyalty to organizations is not my strong suit.
It's not about loyalty... it's about respect....You can't be loyal to something you don't respect. Things were not handled properly in that acquisition and people were done wrong. At that point respect was lost and it was down hill from there.

Just look at the overlapping terminals betwren pjax and vitran and look at how some of the pjax drivers wete done when they pit the 2the together.

the vitran workers lost a personal day their unused vacation time and basically their vacation time for 1 yr courtesy of the pjax run company so there are issues on both sides of the fence. But remember we are all being screwed right now

we went from pjax to vitran and all seemed well for about a year then the 5% was taken and other company's were bought and it all rolled down the crapper. pjax had some issue's but they kept you working and your pay going up every six months. not the way it is now. who care's what company was better they don't exist anymore. respect is shown in pay raises not pay cuts. so who respect's who. when you talk about what this company has become. we all look to the past and think about what was. it takes the pain away for a couple of seconds, and then pisses you off even more when you look at what it is now. i myself don't care who reads what i write cause it is the truth. as i said before until this company decides to be vitran or change the name to something other than vitran we are not rising from the ashes that is a myth and that is what we are right now a myth of all the companys that were put into this melting pot. the culture of this company from the top down has needed to change for many years now. respect is earned. your actions values and principles will earn you that. not talking out of both sides of your mouth. i just can't understand how so many have come and gone and the problem's are still the same. and the focus is still on the wrong things not what is causing the problem, what caused us to loose customers the rate we paid our employee's. no our service or lack their of in all phases. from equipment to the way we treated our employee's. it has been done with no honor no respect . what's done is done and can not be changed it is what you do to correct it that will show the charcter .values that you have.

we went from pjax to vitran and all seemed well for about a year then the 5% was taken and other company's were bought and it all rolled down the crapper. pjax had some issue's but they kept you working and your pay going up every six months. not the way it is now. who care's what company was better they don't exist anymore. respect is shown in pay raises not pay cuts. so who respect's who. when you talk about what this company has become. we all look to the past and think about what was. it takes the pain away for a couple of seconds, and then pisses you off even more when you look at what it is now. i myself don't care who reads what i write cause it is the truth. as i said before until this company decides to be vitran or change the name to something other than vitran we are not rising from the ashes that is a myth and that is what we are right now a myth of all the companys that were put into this melting pot. the culture of this company from the top down has needed to change for many years now. respect is earned. your actions values and principles will earn you that. not talking out of both sides of your mouth. i just can't understand how so many have come and gone and the problem's are still the same. and the focus is still on the wrong things not what is causing the problem, what caused us to loose customers the rate we paid our employee's. no our service or lack their of in all phases. from equipment to the way we treated our employee's. it has been done with no honor no respect . what's done is done and can not be changed it is what you do to correct it that will show the charcter .values that you have.
Great post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even when you reached top rate, you still got a quarter every 6 months. T
the vitran workers lost a personal day their unused vacation time and basically their vacation time for 1 yr courtesy of the pjax run company so there are issues on both sides of the fence. But remember we are all being screwed right now

This is like arguing that you are first class versus economy, when everyone's on the same boat-the Vitranic..and the iceberg is already behind us..

And we are all mushrooms!
Kept in the dark and fed sh!t.
If we aren't equal there is going to be strife among all of us and that will lead to the games Linehaul plays with each other.
I.e. I don't get paid to do that or this. And I don't need to do that type stuff.

It was a joke when vitran took away fuel pay and drop and hook pay. I dont blame linehaul drivers for being pissed, they get paid for wheels in motion. And if they dont want to fuel the truck for free, more power to them!!!!!

I never remember Russ or Mark reporting CLOSE to the losses that Vitran has reported since CK took over.
Mark was ready to retire and Russ didn't like Chris from the start. He knew Chris wasn't the man because Russ knew this company
better than most. By the looks of things now....Russ and Mark K are smoking cigars and laughing about this joke show Keylon has put together.
It's pathetic. Vitran will close by early 2014 when Canada pulls away the t*t and Vitran US has to swim for itself.

If pjax management was so great why are they gone? Equipment standards was ****.
We where in a nose dive. Have we improved yes and no. Still no equal pay. The only perk the southwest has received is 2 cents for pulling doubles.
3cents for triples. And the 3 cents didn't come to the southwest till Vitran drivers had to start pulling triples and double vans.
And now we have drivers who got paid to move when terminals closed.
And they are keeping their pay scale. But if a southwest driver moves to a Vitran terminal we don't get the pay bump to be equal because of the wage freeze. Life is easier if you was a Vitran driver and not a southwest driver. The southwest had to run longer miles just to bring home what Vitran driver brought home on a 470 turn. Now you can only get ltl rejects from good companies who couldn't make the cut. And now that safety has had it's way there is no high mileage runs. All because Vitran drivers couldn't handle big miles. And big miles in the southwest was 650 to 710 a night ! Not 400 or 480! Why couldn't they handle big miles because they didn't have to because they made more money. When you have a driver tell management I'm not running that because I don't want to work that hard for my check you have lost as a company. So drink your Vitran / pjax/ quast kool- aid