TForce | with the info you have now how ar you going to vote?

Sure Hoffa/Hall accept this, LHD Drivers are UPS Truckload and they will be dues paying teamsters, why would Hoffa/Hall not like that?

Guys just in case none of you knew this you will never see a union pension. Parcel doesn't even have a union pension they pulled out of it years ago and trust me the ups pension is better and more secure right now then the union one. Just think if you were in the Union one you would be paying for all the YRC guys to retire because YRC hasn't been paying into it. Also as far as the LHD drivers are concerned you need to read the addedums at the end of the contract. I agree there are parts I like and those I don't but actually read the whole thing in its entirety before you judge it. It really doesn't matter what exact language they put in UPS has a ton of lawyers just sitting around to find loop holes. Also the pay will still be much higher then what anybody else in the LTL industry gets.

They are not allowed to match 401k under IRS regulations because you are offered a pention. If you don't like that call your congressman and tell them to change it.

Guys just in case none of you knew this you will never see a union pension. Parcel doesn't even have a union pension they pulled out of it years ago and trust me the ups pension is better and more secure right now then the union one. Just think if you were in the Union one you would be paying for all the YRC guys to retire because YRC hasn't been paying into it. Also as far as the LHD drivers are concerned you need to read the addedums at the end of the contract. I agree there are parts I like and those I don't but actually read the whole thing in its entirety before you judge it. It really doesn't matter what exact language they put in UPS has a ton of lawyers just sitting around to find loop holes. Also the pay will still be much higher then what anybody else in the LTL industry gets.

I do agree 100% with you. :clapping:But it would be nice for some medical copays reductions.....:bananapartyhat:

I believe it is suppose to be a 10% reduction in the premiums. As far as specifics I don't know anything about the health care via the teamster plan until I meet with my BA next sunday. My pay right now is what I'm more concerned with. I'm about to start my 3rd year of progression and unless they bump me up the new highers will be making my pay rate about the time they hit seniority and personally I don't think thats right but I will ask my BA and see if I'm just misunderstanding what is written but the big problem is I'm currently around 65% of what top rate is and I could really use the money.

The progression rates in the 2008-2013 contract are a joke. In this proposal, the rates got much better, but making guys wait 4 years is cruel!

I believe it is suppose to be a 10% reduction in the premiums. As far as specifics I don't know anything about the health care via the teamster plan until I meet with my BA next sunday. My pay right now is what I'm more concerned with. I'm about to start my 3rd year of progression and unless they bump me up the new highers will be making my pay rate about the time they hit seniority and personally I don't think thats right but I will ask my BA and see if I'm just misunderstanding what is written but the big problem is I'm currently around 65% of what top rate is and I could really use the money.

Oh, btw you will be losing all your current vestment in the pension since you have less than 5 years and you will be starting off all over under the new plan. NICE huh? So it will take you actually almost 9 years to be vested.

And until the union produces in writing to the contrary. THAT IS HOW THE PENSION PLAN READS.

vote no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure Hoffa/Hall accept this, LHD Drivers are UPS Truckload and they will be dues paying teamsters, why would Hoffa/Hall not like that?

The great sell out. UPS has got to give the union something. There are actually guys that are ok with this. Of course they are P&D. But they will sell us out to if they vote for this. If they do I'll just laugh as their harassment continues...

The great sell out. UPS has got to give the union something. There are actually guys that are ok with this. Of course they are P&D. But they will sell us out to if they vote for this. If they do I'll just laugh as their harassment continues...

I'm p&d and I got your back. I don't want any of our union employees getting screwed. Besides, it's a slippery slope. What's to stop them from doing something similar to the city guys?

Ease up Skeeter. Not one PD from our terminal is voting yes.

What you have to look out for are the hub's there locals gain the most from the' LSD' drivers.

The addition of a LHD classification will affect every employee. Road drivers are up there in seniority for the most part, when they lose their jobs they will bump to the city and P&D drivers will be forced to bump to the dock. The end result is lost jobs for P&D and dock. This contract affects every member. Never mind the cuts to the pension and health care benefits. VOTE NO!

The addition of a LHD classification will affect every employee. Road drivers are up there in seniority for the most part, when they lose their jobs they will bump to the city and P&D drivers will be forced to bump to the dock. The end result is lost jobs for P&D and dock. This contract affects every member. Never mind the cuts to the pension and health care benefits. VOTE NO!
not sure what barn you are but road drivers cant bump anywhere at hrs, they are their own seniority list. they didn't want to go one line. and they wont loose their jobs just be forced to be part time type employees....

vote no on this ****ty deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure what barn you are but road drivers cant bump anywhere at hrs, they are their own seniority list. they didn't want to go one line. and they wont loose their jobs just be forces to be part time type employees
They bump the most jr. man, the union says "part-time is fine"