TForce | with the info you have now how ar you going to vote?

I believe that is right Buster. You can't bump into another classification.

This is exactly the reason I thought single line seniority was so important on the last contract. I saw this LHD classification coming. Its just a way to replace the high paid road driver. Its coming down the road. VOTE NO!

They bump the most jr. man, the union says "part-time is fine"

on the new deal they bump the most junior full timer only if they are temporarily disqualified to drive "loose their physical" . if its a perm medical disqualify they bump the highest part timer in the class they can work.

This is exactly the reason I thought single line seniority was so important on the last contract. I saw this LHD classification coming. Its just a way to replace the high paid road driver. Its coming down the road. VOTE NO!

I can honestly say without a doubt you are 100% correct...

not sure what barn you are but road drivers cant bump anywhere at hrs, they are their own seniority list. they didn't want to go one line. and they wont loose their jobs just be forced to be part time type employees....

vote no on this ****ty deal.

Thats because there hasn't been an official layoff at HRS in over 3 years you can only bump in the event of a layoff and yes before I'm currected on it I'm only referring to the road side, dock has had plenty of layoffs thats why extra and fill in boards move so slow in January and February from all the dock cdl guys bumping in to stay working.

If Part timers are working in your barn before laid off employees then you need to fire your stewards and BA because the current contract clearly says they can't do that.

If Part timers are working in your barn before laid off employees then you need to fire your stewards and BA because the current contract clearly says they can't do that.

It happen for months on end at my barn. The only thing that stopped it was those drivers getting called back.

They bumped into the fill in side they could only bump junior must guy and since we were hiring they had open positions for them. What terminal are you out of .357 seems like it must be a service center and not a hub even so stewards should have filed a grievance on it and BA should have pressed the issue to the panels if need be. Sounds like your local needs work at the next election.

Well, If we shake things up and vote this garbage down. They will quit looking at us as Overnite drivers and start having more respect for us. We blacken their eyes to many years. This contract has made up for it. Don't let them do it again...

Hoffa and his clones are all about themselves. He better take care of us. It is the last trucking company they will unionize and they know it. That is why they came up with DLH classification (New Line Haul) They will build that up to a size of a new company. (New due payers)

That is the only way they will organize any get any more due payers.
Cut in retirement. No real change in the language on anything. It is even worse. The company is not our friend.

Neither is the union our friend. We have to fight for everything we get. We all have to be willing to pull together. Don't just lay down and take it.

That is what they both union and UPS think the majority will do.

How many grievances has any of us won over the last 5 years over $30.00 before it's locked up in a panel. The Contractors are being dispatched like regular line haul drivers. That's nothing wait till LHD start coming on board.

I have always believed UPS could of kept us nonunion if they wanted to. It wouldn't of took much. But they would rather in the long run have contracts like they have given us so they can get away with the things they are doing. They have the contract to back them up. Or we could of got the board of labor the list goes on.

Folks, P&D, Dock, Part Timers, This contract is a travesty...

Last edited by a moderator: