FedEx Freight | Without costing the company any money....

longhaul

TB Lurker
Credits
Without costing the company money or changing the system.What can we do at the various terminals to make things run more smoothly......

Forget we were ever Watkins,we are fedex now. fedex is going to cut things that are not making them money. They are going to watch there bottom line,and if you will not except it. Move on to some other company, I don't care for somethings they do but every other thursday I get a paycheck.

I got a great idea, how about taking are phyisical ever two years like dot requires. for some reason I can not spell worth a ship today!

if you know that you only have one trailer that has freight on it, and you know that you are only bring one back with freight on it then why do you have to bring empties with you. also why cant the yard guys hook our set up for us.

if you know that you only have one trailer that has freight on it, and you know that you are only bring one back with freight on it then why do you have to bring empties with you. also why cant the yard guys hook our set up for us.

To answer your question1) It will upset the trailer pool at the hub.
2) The hostlers need their SLEEP!!!!!:clap:

Have you ever been a hostler at a hub? I did that job for 7 years. Back when we did hook every one's set on an average 8 hour night I would hook between 20 - 30 sets, break just about as many and do 50 - 60 door moves. Averaging around 100- 130 moves a night, climing up and down the buggy which has no supension, so it bounces across the ruts. Never having enought help when it is busy, dock supervisior yelling over the radio for this or that trailer, becouse they have dockworkers standing around waiting for trailers. Linehaul drivers followig you around the yard asking when you are going to hook their set becouse they have been waiting for an hour. :flame:

Rant over

Very well said. That also includes watching some over weight fella sitting in the lunch room eating a bag of chips after he urinated all over the bathroom floor *****ing and moaning that "his" trailers aren't ready.

my rant is also done.

Have you ever been a hostler at a hub? I did that job for 7 years. Back when we did hook every one's set on an average 8 hour night I would hook between 20 - 30 sets, break just about as many and do 50 - 60 door moves. Averaging around 100- 130 moves a night, climing up and down the buggy which has no supension, so it bounces across the ruts. Never having enought help when it is busy, dock supervisior yelling over the radio for this or that trailer, becouse they have dockworkers standing around waiting for trailers. Linehaul drivers followig you around the yard asking when you are going to hook their set becouse they have been waiting for an hour. :flame:

Rant over

ARE you serious?? 1st why cant you hook your own set?
2nd Why wouldnt you want to hook em up?
you are the one pulling them, that way you are hooked correct.
sounds like lazy union drivers work here:bowdown:

I AGREE!!!!
I mean, it would be great if every day they were hooked and ready to go..... BUT to **** and moan when it isn't done is kinda sad. I've managed at union shops before and well...I'll leave it at that.

I haven't seen too much of it at Wat..i mean, National, but every now and then you'll get one!

ARE you serious?? 1st why cant you hook your own set?
2nd Why wouldnt you want to hook em up?
you are the one pulling them, that way you are hooked correct.
sounds like lazy union drivers work here:bowdown:

I don,t mind hooking my oun set Except when it's raining. We can get out the gate faster. I was told that as a team we were not to hook but wait. If I was smarter maybe I could understand waiting for an hour and half on the clock,or being paid for a hook