TForce | Woman blocks a UPS Freight driver

I wonder if he had a liftgate??,.....Or if she had a forklift????

I won't even try to unload something that heavy without one of the two,...

Driver did well, kept cool. Don't even have temperament for that kind of work anymore. I knew, if I stuck at home deliveries I'd snap, so moved on. I respect those who have to deal with the clueless. We had a P&Der have to call out law due to a refusal to deliver. Guy damaging truck and threatening violence. Private light vehicle bridge, other way in a unmaintained mud path. Offered to unload before bridge, help put in guy's pickup, and even walk up road to help unload out of pickup. Way above and beyond, yet self centered jerk, still went nuts.

My max was 200 pounds ,well me & gravity that is.
I did have a gal fly into a rage one time when she expected I'd had a helper with me.

I told her she could make arrangements with dispatch to pick it up,or pay for redelivery & a lift gate.
Or I'd lay it down on the trailer floor & lower it down to the ground by myself & hand cart it up into her garage.
Which I did,& left with her cussing me out,yelling at me that I'd be fired if it was damaged.
It was a large sofa in a box,that was around 200 pounds,so me & gravity got it done.
It must have been okay,because she called dispatch to say how rude I was but that was the last time they heard from her.

If this gal used her head she only would have got stuck with a day or 2 storage at the terminal.
Until she rented a u-haul trailer to go pick it up with her Jeep,instead of getting herself in trouble.

It was a UPS Freight driver with a lift gate truck, two wheeler and pallet jack on board. Not sure if lift gate was paid for.
However, our trucks are not allowed on private driveways any more. Plus her driveway was not shoveled and had ice on it so pushing/pulling a pallet jack in snow and ice becomes an act of stupidity. Customer tried to barter with driver and driver stood his ground. (Accept no money/Unsafe conditions)
Driver notified dispatch of scenario, was told to leave and mark delivery as BBAK.
Driver did the right thing.
Customer does get a phone call from UPSF to appoint the freight and is given a brief description of how the freight will be delivered, so customer should have made it a point to keep driveway clear of snow/hazards. Especially if expecting an important delivery.

Had a 800 lbs roll of carpet for a mom and pop motel and before I left the terminal, I threw some rollers in the trailer. Got to the motel, went inside and told the man what I had, "yeah, put it back in room "so and so", "ok sign the bill". He signed the bill, I went back and jumped up in the trailer, got the roll of carpet on the rollers, roll that thing out the rear, jumped down, got the rollers and left. Left the roll of carpet where it landed. Bye, bye, you done signed the bill, bye bye.

Funny how I'd get customers who would say your UPS put it where I want it.
Yes sir,or mam,pay for inside delivery & if I have time I will break down your skid & put it just inside your door.
Like I said when we were Overnite I'd usually had help from the customer.
However when we were UPS they all expected primo-service for nothing.

Ups freight is not a bonded carrier So under no circumstances do we go in a customers home.
Inside delivery applies to businesses only, like a restaurant, that don't have a Dock or bank etc Etc.
Out of hrs we don't use the lift gate unless the DR says that it was paid for.