ODFL | Women working freight

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Does O.D. have any women working freight ? It seems like I remember one a very long time ago but I could be wrong.I've always thought a woman could do the job IF someone would train her how to handle the freight.I think a woman could handle it but I don't believe the men on most docks could handle the situation.

There was a office gal in KC that would get out on the dock and work once in a while. That was a while back.

Does O.D. have any women working freight ? It seems like I remember one a very long time ago but I could be wrong.I've always thought a woman could do the job IF someone would train her how to handle the freight.I think a woman could handle it but I don't believe the men on most docks could handle the situation.

Good post!I have often wondered how they get away with not hireing one every once in a while.I have women ask from time to time.Don't know what to tell them so I try to change topic.:hide:

we have a few at fxf I know one personally she is a road driver does a fine job..very consientous driver

I think JimBob was talking about on the dock.:1036316054:

There road drivers work a lot of dock time. I think they even may have to come up from the dock to the city to the road. Than they still work the dock. But nothing like Conway. I have also heard that there management has to put in time on the dock just to get the experience.

i work at fxfe also we have a couple women working the dock and at one time we had 3 female city drivers all did fine one of the lady driver has been with us close to 12 years

There road drivers work a lot of dock time. I think they even may have to come up from the dock to the city to the road. Than they still work the dock. But nothing like Conway. I have also heard that there management has to put in time on the dock just to get the experience.

I forget that some drivers work the dock.Our drivers idea of working the dock is to stand on the ramp and smoke while the dockworkers dig there freight off.:biglaugh:

From what I hear FXF way of loading trailers is not to load them high and tight. but skids on the floor or on a rack only. Maybe thats why their trucks blow by us uphill.