FedEx Freight | wonder

retiredrver

TB Lurker
Credits
wonder what fedex would do if public opinion turned toward the plight of the employees?just how many people they are laying off and what they are doing to the remaining employees.wonder if a general boycott of the fedex brand could change what they're doing. i'm sure the stockholders don't know.some would be sensitive toward the employees.one things for sure fedex hates bad press.

wonder what fedex would do if public opinion turned toward the plight of the employees?just how many people they are laying off and what they are doing to the remaining employees.wonder if a general boycott of the fedex brand could change what they're doing. i'm sure the stockholders don't know.some would be sensitive toward the employees.one things for sure fedex hates bad press.

Good thought, but in this "here today, gone tomorrow" press cycle it will be short lived, and profits will always be there.

Good thought, but in this "here today, gone tomorrow" press cycle it will be short lived, and profits will always be there.

provided it was large enough and could be linked to profit such as lost business on a large scale.a full scale boycott of fedex is possible. just figuring out the best way to get it started could work. might be better if the stockholders were involved.

I just wonder ...how many people are being displaced or terminated over all ...I'd bet its not that many ... we have had 2 city and 2 road out of 85 people at this location.

You just made me LOL. What with YRC getting so much bad press for 15% paycuts this year, ceasing the pension contribution for however many months, hanging on to life purely at the discretion of the workforce; you think the RELATIVELY minor numbers that FedEx has reduced will make anyone sit up and take notice? And hello, the big cuts they did earlier in the year got all kinds of press, without so much as a blink. Why? CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE WAS SUCKING WIND, LAYING OFF, AND CUTTING HOURS TOO! And FedEx got all kinds of good press for making their first step the salary reductions that all the managers took.
The changes of operations are to improve service and/or streamline operations, and Wall Street (and the big shareholders) eat that up.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I don't think you'll get any traction here.

And sorry too if this comes across as unduly harsh; for the individual that's affected, it can be a career gone in a flash. But out of 280,000 employees world wide, this isn't cause for anyone in the media or anywhere else to pay attention to.

oaf

I just wonder what you think FedEx should do? Should they just keep everyone on the payroll just because it's the nice thing to do? What would you have them do when they get in the boat that YRCW is in? Just keep plugging along because hay, we take care of our people first?

I'll say it again... FedEx is not a mom and pop operation. The days of AF and Watkins are gone. FedEx is a corporation that answers to the stock holders. They will do what is best for the bottom line to keep the stock price up.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but get over it. If you lost your job, do what is best for your family. Get another job. Don't sit around and wallow in your own self-pity, get off your *** and move on with your life.

Yes it is. I choose to transfer to a different terminal to stay working. I up-rooted my family, am trying to sell my house, basically transplanted everything because I don't see anything better out there. I guess I have room to talk.

I just wonder what you think FedEx should do? Should they just keep everyone on the payroll just because it's the nice thing to do? What would you have them do when they get in the boat that YRCW is in? Just keep plugging along because hay, we take care of our people first?

I'll say it again... FedEx is not a mom and pop operation. The days of AF and Watkins are gone. FedEx is a corporation that answers to the stock holders. They will do what is best for the bottom line to keep the stock price up.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but get over it. If you lost your job, do what is best for your family. Get another job. Don't sit around and wallow in your own self-pity, get off your *** and move on with your life.

Guardrail :clap:

Whatever happened to the idea of only laying off the folks with the Obama bumper stickers.???? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

:shift:

are you slow ? the economy sucks in nearly every single field. People are being laid off, hours cut, buildings closed, etc... all over the place. Fred Smith isn't ****ing you over because they like to beat up on the little guy

Yes it is. I choose to transfer to a different terminal to stay working. I up-rooted my family, am trying to sell my house, basically transplanted everything because I don't see anything better out there. I guess I have room to talk.

I was in NO WAY talking towards you bud...... I wish you ALL THE BEST LUCK ...........