Wonderful news! record Gun sales this year.....Molan Labe.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

I think you're taking the name a little too literally. :hilarious:

Magoo likes this.
  2. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Since Obama has never made any serious move to take your guns, Someone has been working people up to scare them into buying more guns.
    I'm going to say it's the gun manufacturers and their representatives the NRA.
    I could see if you thought maybe i need one to protect my home and family I would think thats ok, but many have been sepnding a lot of money on second , third and fourth guns and more.
    It's sort of a mental illness thinking you need all this firepower.
    Do yourself a big favor next time spend the money on your wife or your kids, they will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Dick Dastardly likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Some choose to recognize danger, so choose not to. Suit yourself, but don't expect all of us to follow suit.
    [​IMG]

Some people collect knives, some people collect cars, some people collect coins. I choose guns, fun to have, fun to shoot, and doubles as self defense. Great family heirlooms. Your rape whistle will have no value to your grandkids. lol

4. Magoo

You guys have some fantasy of holding up in your house as the bad guns trade fire with you.
    More likely that someone seen you had something they want and hit you over the head in the truck stop.
    You don't expect it and can't do nothing to stop it, then they have your gun

5. Dick Dastardly

I know I was using my analogy to take a swipe at Flash, but since we've moved beyond that, I'm thinking it's somewhat fitting to a degree to some gun rights advocates. Maybe not to the extreme of my original post about John Wayne syndrome, but similar.

They have this grandeur image of themselves at a service station (or bank if you prefer)getting robbed that's full of women and children and pulling out their gun saving the day by blowing away the bad guy Hollywood style.

The reality is they'll likely either (1) piss their pants or (2) escalate the level of violence causing themselves and other innocent bystanders to become statistics or (3) shoot a fleeing suspect in the back bringing serious charges on themselves and be sent to prison.

Magoo likes this.
  6. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

I have nightmares of laying in my bed at 3 AM, hearing strange noises elsewhere in my house, and not having a plan to come out of it alive with all of my stuff. I have nightmares that I will come home from vacation to a strange car in my driveway and not be able to do anything but run. I have nightmares that all of the bad guys will have guns, the good guys will have none, and that good guys won't even be able to walk down the street without being mugged.

Northern Flash and jimmy g like this.
  7. ABFer

I will say that if one intends to carry in public that they should educate themselves and prepare for using it. I wouldn't pull a gun if I couldn't, wouldn't or didn't know how to use it. I recently attended a seminar on "Knowing The Law Of Deadly Force" and would recommend it to anyone who owns a gun even if they don't intend to leave their house with it. http://www.uslawshield.com/
    It was very informative and I guarantee that a typical armed citizen would learn things at this seminar.
    I have found it helpful (as ridiculous as it may sound) to consider different possible scenarios and how I should react if such a situation arose. Then when something happens I at least have something other than heat of the moment decisions to make.

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

In Paris, two guys held 130 prisoner. One of the two only had a six shot shot gun. Perhaps two, three armed guys amongst the 130 could have made the difference if they were armed too. Perhaps not- in the end the Terrorists blew themselves up. But I like even the slight chance to stay alive vs certain death, myself.

Northern Flash and ABFer like this.
  9. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

[​IMG]
    I use one of these to clean my fingernails.

Northern Flash likes this.
  10. Dick Dastardly

Unfortunately, I feel like someone with your line of thought towards responsibility is the exception and not the rule.

ABFer likes this.
  11. ABFer

Every try picking your nose with it?

Magoo and Rastus like this.
  12. ABFer

No doubt. There should be a push on for educating, not disarming, America.

Northern Flash likes this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It's a different world now. When I was young, there were always loaded guns and loaded shotguns in the house, in the hall closet. We were taught at a very young age that they could kill, and we were taught to safely use them. We knew to leave them untouched. Today, rules go overboard, so kids are more curious when they find them. Then today's kids don't realize the firepower they are holding.

14. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

That's what the NRA does but half the people think they're Isis.

Northern Flash and ABFer like this.
  15. Magoo

I don't know what to tell you I'm not a trained therapist.

16. Magoo

Not much we can learn really.
    If you see two guys carrying guns in the supermarket are they both bad , one bad, neither bad?
    I don't know and don't want to stick around to find out, Immediately hit the express cashier and GTFO!
    If I have time on the way out I mention it to the manager I don't like armed people near me.

Move to a state where they respect law, order and civility
    Brandishing guns is not civil.
    [​IMG]

17. Dick Dastardly

:biglaugh::draw:

Magoo likes this.
  18. ABFer

[
    Then move to New York City where handguns are banned.
    Same as above, what are you waiting for?

19. Magoo

You may think yourself safe carrying a weapon but you don't know what the person next to you is thinking.
    You can never know that, only they do and if they decide to strike you they always have the advantage

20. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Your comment proves that you are clueless about what's in the mind of a responsible gun owner. Responsible gun owners have no desire to shoot any person......ever.

But with carrying a weapon, if the clunk on the head doesn't knock you out, the pos doesn't get to rob you or finish you off, because before they attack again, they're getting holes blown in their chest.