Wonderful news! record Gun sales this year.....Molan Labe.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

The average gun owner wouldn't piss their pants because most of us have ran these scenarios through our heads before, making sure that we'd know what to do.

But let me ask you this.........What would you do without a weapon, besides lay on the floor and follow their commands. How would it feel if your house was being robbed and the criminal decided that your daughter and wife were looking pretty hot, and you were forced to lay on the floor while the pos raped them?

Point being, you do it your way, and we'll do it our way. One thing that both sides can agree on, NEITHER side hopes that this scenario ever has to be played out, but at least my side has a small chance of surviving it unharmed. Your side has zero chance.

2. Northern Flash

You are hitting the nail right on the head ABFer. My entire family have all been trained to shoot rifles, shotguns, and handguns.......everyone. All trained.....yes. All experts.....no. However, we've had family meetings where I played out different scenarios for them, and asked them what they'd do under these circumstances. Will they all perform as needed? I hope that we'll never find out, but at least we'll have a fighting chance of surviving. And under most scenarios, the bad guys won't just get to do whatever they want to.

3. Northern Flash

Never try it while driving down a bumpy road.
    lol

4. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

(1) reality never happens like you "play it out in your head" Life isn't Hollywood. You admittedly playing it out in your head points to my earlier post of grandeur images. (2) your chances of survival are best to lie on the floor as instructed (3) home defense is different than an armed robbery, so it's a different debate (4) the likely hood of an intruder entering an occupied home and raping women and children are almost non existent.

Magoo likes this.
  5. Dick Dastardly

6. Northern Flash

My kids have been exposed to guns for their entire life, and they've been taught to have the ultimate respect for what they're holding. I constantly remind them that there is no room for even a single error, or someone could end up dead.
    Every gun, assumed to unloaded or not, has to be treated as though it's loaded.

7. Dick Dastardly

You must be a bundle of joy to live with. What paranoid person would subject their children to such nonsense? You really need to stop watching television. That, or you live in an awful neighborhood. I don't even lock my doors when I leave home.

Magoo likes this.
  8. Northern Flash

If they are a middle aged, Middle Easterner, even I'd be concerned, but the radicals in that religion don't expose their weapons, they hide them under their jackets.
    The laws don't need to be changed, the mental state of our citizens does. The love and respect for our country and assimilation (understanding our peaceful culture) is the only cure.

9. Northern Flash

I don't think that you want to compare household armed robberies versus bank or business hold up robberies. My guess would be that there are a lot more household armed robberies than public armed robberies. Just guessing.
    And of course no scenario goes exactly as planned, that's a fact, but I'll be damned if I'd just lay there and follow the commands of some pos, who might intend to kill us anyway.
    And trust me, I'm the type of person that would put my life on the line to save my family or the general public. I've played out more than just gun issues in my head. (cars submerged in water with occupants still in it, house fires, etc. etc.)
    It's not a hero thing.......it's just that I couldn't live with the regret of not trying to save someone if I even had half a chance of saving them.

10. Northern Flash

So being a responsible gun owner makes me a bad person? So you'd rather just have that "mysterious" toy laying around for kids to want to check out? Sorry, but that curiosity is what causes most accidental discharges with the kids.

Being prepared isn't paranoia, it's common sense. My kids aren't 6 years old either.

I really don't watch much TV, and seldom watch movies.

Criminals have wheels, and you don't get a second chance.
    If you don't want to have any guns available, at least keep some condoms laying close by, maybe you can talk the burglar into wearing one.
    :1036316054:

11. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Put a laser on a criminals chest and 9/10 of them would turn and run. It just would never hit the news.
    The 10th guy might though.

12. Dick Dastardly

Your post point to you having paranoid personality disorder but then you call our culture peaceful? There's nothing peaceful about your recent post. Unfortunately you've, per your own admission, spread this way of thinking to your children.

I'm not calling you a bad person per se, but we'll never have peace as long as individuals maintain your line of thinking. Your absolute distrust of everyone would never allow it.

Magoo likes this.
  13. Dick Dastardly

No my Taurus .38 wouldn't necessitate him wearing a condom. The likelihood of that ever happening are so minor I don't need to "play it out in my head".

Magoo likes this.
  14. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Now thats a good one :biglaugh:

Are you a responsible gun owner or a person with a gun fetish, wanting more and more, thinking of scenarios that justify a new purchase?

You know that part about the government grabbing your guns?
    I bet when it comes to pass it just might be a Republican led government that finally does it.

What do you think?:abnormal:

15. Northern Flash

Peace only comes through strength. And secondly, without the savages from these third world nations realizing how it has always been here, they'll never come to realize that we can all get along peacefully, as we have in the past. (Although things are on the serious decline, due to our current passive nature)
    With the division among the cultures, there can't be peace, since their radical ways are in direct contrast to our Constitution.

16. Northern Flash

Whyyyyyy, you thug. Why would you even think about using your .38, the poor guy might have just been hungery and desperate.
    Where is your compassion?

lol

17. Northern Flash

I don't need to "justify" anything. If I see it and want it.......I'll be buying it. Plus, just in case I end up with a couple dozen grandchildren, I'll have enough for each of them once I'm gone.:1036316054:

No. I doubt that. We're trying to weed out the RINOs.

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Thats why people carry concealed weapons. State already did background check, and decided you weren't a threat, only an asset.

Northern Flash likes this.
  19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

It was a Boy Scout Merit Badge when I was a kid. Most boys had shotguns by at least age 12. I shot a BB rifle in my basement every night from about age 6-12. 25' into a cardboard box that had a bale of straw behind it.

20. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Daisy Model 1894 lever action and if I remember correctly you could flip a clip up so that every time you brought the lever back up it would hit the trigger for you for rapid fire. LOL