TForce | wood and paper plastic on trailer floors

do any centers clean the in side of trailers before they get loaded??

They are supposed to sweep them out after unloading or prior to loading.
I can't stand the amount of crap that's been swept towards the nose of the trailers I've pulled.
I can build something with all the stuff I find.

at our hub it rarely gets done. it should be done after each unload. i can see this being overlooked if it does not appear that there is to much junk on the floor of the trailer.

at our hub it rarely gets done. it should be done after each unload. i can see this being overlooked if it does not appear that there is to much junk on the floor of the trailer.

In the city operation:
Compared to everything going on, it's probably a small problem to some terminals, but the bottom line is to prevent injuries and present a decent looking trailer to our customers.

The bad thing about leaving debris in a trailer no matter how big or small is that a city driver or customer who loads or unloads us using a pallet jack can hurt themselves when the wheel suddenly catches a small piece debris. (piece of wood, cardboard whatever.)

Now holes in the trailer floor is another issue.

i think that the city trailers need swept out no matter what just so the trailer is presentable to the customer.

Our trailers from SOH are the worst......wood chunks, plastic wrap, stack racks that dont need to be there, stacks of junk skids....maybe they dont have dumpsters down there.

Trailers from DTR, CMS, LEX, and IND are much better!:woot:

Last thing the inbound and outbound dock does for the day is sweep out the trailers.

Now holes in the trailer floor is another issue.

I tell the customer that the holes are to let the water out.:1036316054:

If your city trailer is not swept out, just tell the Dock Supervisor or TM. It will get done.....:hysterical:

If my trailer is MT, I just sweep it myself.:woot:

I tell the customer that the holes are to let the water out.:1036316054:

If your city trailer is not swept out, just tell the Dock Supervisor or TM. It will get done.....:hysterical:

If my trailer is MT, I just sweep it myself.:woot:

*I get embarrassed and tell them the hole in the floor just happened. I'm too ashamed to tell them it has been there for months because the mechanic doesn't believe it's worthy of fixing.

*Most city trailers are already loaded so it's kind of tough to have them strip it back out just to sweep it, but I get what you were saying.

*I also sweep my assigned trailer out, if it's empty. Than I shanghai the pallet jack, load bars and straps.

I'm still looking for a broom.:biglaugh:

:biglaugh: 10-4.
How about the ones with the bristles on the ends are missing. Tough to get into the corners and sides.

How about using 4x4 cardboard or plywood and dropping it from the nose to the tail, letting the air sweep it out. :hysterical:
I did the shovel method once until it jammed me in the gut.

One of the problems is that UPS is forced to buy equipment, including brooms, at inflated prices through suppliers such as Grainger....or we lose their business.

Brooms cost $35 and pallet jacks $700! :hysterical:

That and the FACT that too many will not take care of the equipment and tools we are given to use.......they are the ones needing 'Union Protection' btw.:popcorn:

One of the problems is that UPS is forced to buy equipment, including brooms, at inflated prices through suppliers such as Grainger....or we lose their business.

Brooms cost $35 and pallet jacks $700! :hysterical:

That and the FACT that too many will not take care of the equipment and tools we are given to use.......they are the ones needing 'Union Protection' btw.:popcorn:

Long before we were union the equipment was junk. The only hope we have is to the true UPS management come into this company and clean it up. The ovnt management never gave a crap about anything except covering up accidents and damages. And they are still doing it now, I have no problem getting rid of rule breakers as long as it is done fairly and by the rules. Problem is the ovnt managers are too damn lazy to follow the rules so it is very easy to get yourself reinstated at a grievance panel. Your inside knowledge exposes who you truly are, mr manager.

Long before we were union the equipment was junk. The only hope we have is to the true UPS management come into this company and clean it up. The ovnt management never gave a crap about anything except covering up accidents and damages. And they are still doing it now, I have no problem getting rid of rule breakers as long as it is done fairly and by the rules. Problem is the ovnt managers are too damn lazy to follow the rules so it is very easy to get yourself reinstated at a grievance panel. Your inside knowledge exposes who you truly are, mr manager.

We still have the OVNT Mgrs in STL. They do not have the problems you've stated.

I only have common knowledge BTW.

Ask anyone from STL who Tom S. is. They all know me. Management and deciding other's futures to advance myself in the eyes of the company just ain't my style.:thumbsdown:

You see, I don't hide. I'm not afraid of UPS or the Union.