Woonsocket,RI., A 23 year old trucker crunched his Semi under a low train bridge.

Its tagged with a Consumer Commodity placard,which does not require the truck to be placarded,nationally.

Not a day goes by,out on the road,that I question how a person obtained a CDL.What are in some of these "steering wheel holders" thought process??Walmart must sell them now.

Why did they say what he was wearing like that was why he hit the bridge.
Then they lowered the landing gear to force it closer to the ground.Only way that would work is to remove the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Dangerous? Did he have other hazmat on board? Class nine does not require placards unless in a tote over 119 gallons. And then, the minimum requirement is the UN number. I have gone through with my safety department and this is what we came up with.

ANYONE SEE THESE PROBLEMS or just having too much fun with the placard bits??:

To extract the truck a team from Precision towing had to come with multiple tow trucks. First they ran a chain from both sets of wheels on the trailer and hooked it up to a 40-ton "wrecker" tow truck, to rest the weight(??). Then(1) they lowered the landing gear on the trailer to force it closer to the ground and off the bridge. After this, it was decided by the fire department that the cargo needed to be removed because (2)the truck was leaning heavily to one side, according to Branch.

(1)HOW DOES LOWERING LANDING GEAR ENABLE THE TRAILER TO BECOME LOWER??
WOULDN'T THAT TACTIC RAISE THE TRAILER THEREIN NEGATING THE IDEA??
COULDN'T SOMEONE HAVE SIMPLY (WITH A CUTTING TORCH) ELIMINATED THE LANDING GEAR THEREBY ALLOWING THE TRAILER TO BECOME LOWER OR IS THAT TOO SIMPLE A IDEA??

(2)WHICH: TRUCK OR TRAILER LEANING HEAVILY TO ONE SIDE??