Yellow | Word on a major Layoff?

laid off nine over a week ago at 371, was told that it came from corporate and that every terminal was going to be laying off.

313 layed off 8 two weeks ago and we have the feeling that when we rebid in Dec. they will lay off more.
Oh yeah and then have a happy holiday.

Here at 120, BA is coming on Friday to take care of some union matters plus discuss lay off. Very slow with everyone sitting around, doesn't look good!

This came from a guy who I would say is less than a ""reliable source"" he had told me he read in Rock Island there were to be 15% lay-offs across the board company wide union and non-union.. I have no idea if this is fact and actually with this person I doubt the validity of this.. Maybe someone from Rock Island has seen this or knows it is B/S..
Best of luck to those of getting laid-off and I know soon I will be joining you.Thank God for my CDL as it affords me work other than that of minimum wage.. Let's all hope this economy picks up soon and we are on here one day complaining about how YRC has not got enough help as we are being worked to death.. ( Yes I know that is a pipe-dream,,but it is my pipe-dream )..

We were told at Rock Island that it was to be 15% layoff at every term. But 2 days after we were told this, our steward heard that no other term. heard this. A few days ago I heard that it was to be 5%. Don't know how true, but I do know that we have laid people off.

Well, today at 342 3 p&d, 2 switcher, and 5 dock, along with 5 total last week. It would be much worse, had it not been for the COO earlier in the year, which didn't fill.:hide:

Well, today at 342 3 p&d, 2 switcher, and 5 dock, along with 5 total last week. It would be much worse, had it not been for the COO earlier in the year, which didn't fill.:hide:
Hilo I know that COO is the only reason I have not gotten laid off as of yet.Had our terminal not had this change,, given the current economy I believe I still would be laid-off from last year..I know its coming it is just a matter of when and how long??

I talked with a guy from the 321 area-Indy who stated that they have 10 city guys laid off, and was told there is a hard lay-off coming within the next few weeks, I presume it will be before the holiday week of Turkey Day.

Get ready folks to Buckle up and hang on for the ride! Its also Contract time! :boohoo:

I talked with a guy from the 321 area-Indy who stated that they have 10 city guys laid off, and was told there is a hard lay-off coming within the next few weeks, I presume it will be before the holiday week of Turkey Day.

Get ready folks to Buckle up and hang on for the ride! Its also Contract time! :boohoo:

With all the BS that happened to all of you at K.C. (342) how is the work now? Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

was thinking they laidoff everyone at 211

ihave ben in the hotel for 28 hours now:hysterical:

glad i brought the laptop and had nothing planned for the weekend

as for 341 i think we have some dock laidoff and maybe some in the city no clue really as i dont see those guys alot.

the road has 0 laidoff but we have 26 or 27 sleepers..

With all the BS that happened to all of you at K.C. (342) how is the work now? Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

Its gotten a little better, but i would not call it great! I am still out to see if they are going to get more freight in 342? It was brought up again at the monthly meeting about the lower half of the board not getting out, all that much!

Its gotten a little better, but i would not call it great! I am still out to see if they are going to get more freight in 342? It was brought up again at the monthly meeting about the lower half of the board not getting out, all that much!

Well i heard about 5 at 342 (K. C.) will be Retiring before the first of the year! That should help! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

It's strange how just a few spots up makes alot of difference.Supposedly we have 8 leaving by the end of the year..I kinda hate to see them leave yet I can't wait either.I may need some mood medicine as that sounded very ""Bi-Polar""..

Ok here's update from 120. BA ask company to have volunteer lay-off for the drivers. Company told union that networking doesn't want to lay-off at 120. Something or someone is speaking in native tongue, because we're laying 30-70 hrs between trips.