Yellow | Word on a major Layoff?

Man, the fireworks are going to keep on flying at 342....What happen to the rail protection at 342?

KC Fan, what are the fireworks & what did happen to the rail protection at 342?? Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

KCFan,
Just out of curiosity, how can you prevent foreign drivers from coming to your terminal?

well you cant control the foreign power directly, but you can hit the company in the pocket book each primary lane violation that transpires, but drivers have to file for it, instead of letting it go.

Man, the fireworks are going to keep on flying at 342....What happen to the rail protection at 342?

KC Fan, what are the fireworks & what did happen to the rail protection at 342?? Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

What rail protection? according to the management they can do what they want to.

This is why i chose to transfer in to KC under the work opportunity (Art. 5-5), due to the rail protections that KC had, if i would have known that it was going to be this way, i dont think i would have made my move....and would have just waited for a change of operations to occur.

As for the Fireworks--I am just going by what are Union Steward is telling me, of course it could be just some of those snappers that you throw on the ground. No real bang! :gathering:

What is an example of a primary lane violation? I'm not sure I understand this rule. Does this apply everywhere?
I'll give you an example of a primary lane violation.......I'll use Yellow's system to do it, but it works the same at Roadway. For simplicity sake I'll use a single man lane example......(primary runs are those which a terminal has bids on and in many cases have had drivers move in on Changes of Operations)

St. Louis has a primary lane to turn Kansas City, Mo. These runs are to be run by STL drivers only unless the board is exhausted. Now let's say there are Atlanta drivers in bed in STL and no loads to send them home but the STL board is not exhausted. If the Company sends one of these Atlanta drivers to KC while STL drivers are available one available STL driver can file on the run. If they send 2 ATL drivers 2 STL drivers can file, etc.

Sometimes a violation will occur and the Steward will post it for the senior driver who was available to file on. At times even though one or more drivers were available they will not file on it for fear that the Company will be mad at them and give them short runs or whatever. Drivers who won't file are normally the ones who are complete butt kissers who think that if they kiss butt they'll usually get a long run. They are often drivers who talk a good Union game at the truck stop and on the cellphone but when push comes to shove they won't even stick up for themselves. They fail to see that in the longterm they will make excellent targets for the Company to screw in the future since they've shown they won't do anything about it. Every barn has them now days unfortunately and the Company loves it because it helps to divide us all.

And yes, this applies everywhere as far as the primaries go.

What is an example of a primary lane violation? I'm not sure I understand this rule. Does this apply everywhere?
See if I can help you a little..Anything that you guys have a bid to, such as districts, or turns, or laydowns!! That is what I myself always look at. And yes it should be everywhere

When will it stop? Two more drivers at 120 laid off come Sunday. Also heard might be rumor, company wide lay-off up to 25% more.

Well i just got back on the board, and saw your question...but i dont think i need to reply since the answer has already been given....Thanks St.Lou

I'll give you an example of a primary lane violation.......I'll use Yellow's system to do it, but it works the same at Roadway. For simplicity sake I'll use a single man lane example......(primary runs are those which a terminal has bids on and in many cases have had drivers move in on Changes of Operations)

St. Louis has a primary lane to turn Kansas City, Mo. These runs are to be run by STL drivers only unless the board is exhausted. Now let's say there are Atlanta drivers in bed in STL and no loads to send them home but the STL board is not exhausted. If the Company sends one of these Atlanta drivers to KC while STL drivers are available one available STL driver can file on the run. If they send 2 ATL drivers 2 STL drivers can file, etc.

Sometimes a violation will occur and the Steward will post it for the senior driver who was available to file on. At times even though one or more drivers were available they will not file on it for fear that the Company will be mad at them and give them short runs or whatever. Drivers who won't file are normally the ones who are complete butt kissers who think that if they kiss butt they'll usually get a long run. They are often drivers who talk a good Union game at the truck stop and on the cellphone but when push comes to shove they won't even stick up for themselves. They fail to see that in the longterm they will make excellent targets for the Company to screw in the future since they've shown they won't do anything about it. Every barn has them now days unfortunately and the Company loves it because it helps to divide us all.

And yes, this applies everywhere as far as the primaries go.
Protecting primaries vary from region to region because of differing dispatch methods and procedures as well as differing bid procedures and protection methods for bids in each region...

Well that will make some drivers happy! :toxic:

Also members at 342 need to stand up to what managment is doing by allowing foreign power to come to our terminal, and then nothing is being done, Brothers and Sisters you must stand up for the rights that others have worked so hard to get, start filing paperwork for each run around that occurs or every violation....also the word needs to be put out not to work any more than have to, so we can get more guys back to work.
I assume that 342 is Kansas City? You have rail protection there as prescribed in article 29 sec.1... I know KC is a big rail point so if you feel that rail violations are occuring, you need to first check with L. 41 to see if there are any type of local rail (intermodal) agreements concerning rail transfers with REX in KC. If not and there are drivers laid off there, ya'll need to start claiming everything tendered to the rail that originates from KC or came into KC (for rail transfer) across one of KC's primary lanes. I'm certain that all rail service in/out of KC are established "agreed to" intermodal lanes, so with that and freight volumes being as low as they are, this is not an overflow issue...
But the key here is to know what, if any operational agreements are in effect there between the union and the company...
Article 29.1 violations are pretty complex. I'm sure that the stewards and agents there are well versed in rail violations...

Rumor has it.....(and I stress RUMOR), that 6 more Road Drivers are about to be laid off at 342.

Laid off 1/25 to please the stockholders just like last year. Funny though when I was laid off for 4 weeks last year, the terminal's O/R shot through the roof! Tell me where they're saving money.

Atlanta Laying off 52 Road Drivers?

I Just heard that Atlanta is laying off 52 road drivers, can anyone out of this terminal verify what i am hearing is true?

I was also told that the company had instructed the personnel that they would not be called back at all either.