Reddaway | Work Action Hits YRC Worldwide's Regional Company!

I thought the YRCW MOU gave all other companies under their umbrella a card check....why is this an issue 6 months AFTER they signed.....RC @ L 63 did this WITHOUT the approval of the IBT....hmmm....KK

What they are doing down there is not right. Just saw a post on the teamster board in medford that tj o'conner is telling our customers to use other carriers, since we cant move the freight. GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE WE LOSE OUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!

Yep it wont take long at a barn the size of fontana. Too much freight goes through there for this kind of nonsense.

Yep it wont take long at a barn the size of fontana. Too much freight goes through there for this kind of nonsense.
If you recall, it was only a few days after a strike like this started at Redstar, they closed the whole company. They stated at the time that they could never recover the customers from any kind of strike. This could play out the same. If the shippers get skittish, they will bolt to the competition and Reddaway will never recover. Fontana is the largest in the system in regards of bills per day. If this lasts a few more days, they could do the same thing here.

Might already be too late as this is the end of the month rush.

I remember the redstar fiasco. What I dont get is if we go under where do they're going to get another union job like this. We all know how well ABF and YRC are doing and good luck getting hired by UPS.

I keep forgetting that this is a manager based site, not a union forum. While I will agree that the customer needs to be taken care of, SO DO THE EMPLOYEES OF THE COMPANY THAT DELIVER THAT FREIGHT!!!!!!!!! Since when is it nonsense to stand up for what you believe in? Maybe the company needs to remember what they agreed to with the MOU instead of just giving their top brass bonuses and raises while the workers struggle to make ends meet.

No i agree stand up and fight but do it organized. Everyone of those employees should be fired for not following IBT rules on strikes.

No i agree stand up and fight but do it organized. Everyone of those employees should be fired for not following IBT rules on strikes.

If it wasn't sanctioned by the union then where did they get those strike signs out on the picket line?

What they are doing down there is not right. Just saw a post on the teamster board in medford that tj o'conner is telling our customers to use other carriers, since we cant move the freight. GET BACK TO WORK BEFORE WE LOSE OUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!

Your screen name fits you. Shakes. These drivers are standing up for their rights. They aren't shaking they are standing tall!

Now shakes think long and hard about what you are about to do !!
These fellow workers have the guts to take a stand against a company that could care less about you or any other of their employees..
Experience tells me that you will be treated much diffeant by your Ex fellow employees.
You may want to get a set of eyes installed in the back of your head !!!
We'll see what happens. Guess what? Im getting in my reddaway truck and going to work for reddaway.

Not a bad idea shakes.
Let us know how things pan out for you after all this settles down. I know in my barn you would be treated like a red headed stepchild.

If you recall, it was only a few days after a strike like this started at Redstar, they closed the whole company. They stated at the time that they could never recover the customers from any kind of strike. This could play out the same. If the shippers get skittish, they will bolt to the competition and Reddaway will never recover. Fontana is the largest in the system in regards of bills per day. If this lasts a few more days, they could do the same thing here.

Might already be too late as this is the end of the month rush.
is your o/r 118 like red star always was? Probly not so keep swinging and don't back up it will work,hang in there and good luck!