Work Boot Reviews

Discussion in 'General Food Service Discussion' started by mattinoh63, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mattinoh63

mattinoh63 New Member

Hey, I need to find a good non-slip steel or composite toe 6" boot. Always wore CAT Coolant leathers, but they discontinued them. Have tried Georgia Giants and Red Wings neither which I was really impressed with. Anyone have any suggestions? Just want something that will last for more than 3 months and I can walk in the Chinese joints without sliding all the way across the kitchen (gotta love chicken blood/water/grease combo). Plus all the lighter side I think we may have a new driver, she yes "she" starts soon. Wonder how this is going to work?

2. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

Ive always wore red wings. Everywhere ive worked had a account at red wing. Plus there made here in minnesota. As for the girl get a pic and we'll let you know lol

3. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Matt like Brother Money, I have always worn redwings, 3 months ago I was desperate for boots, my redwings were coming apart I didn't have the money to buy more redwings at the time, I went to walmart and bought a pair of brahma boots, cost 35 bucks I think, they look like the jungle boots I had in the military, surprisingly, my feet stay dryer, redwings or at least the ones I bought don't breath, these ones do, I don't slide around to bad, depends on the floor, I have never owned a pair of non skid boots that actually were 100% non skid, anyhow I put good inserts in these boots and I'm totally happy with them, they are steel toe and are super light.

FYI I have never had any luck with georgia boots, not one friggin pair, waste of money I tell ya.

I'm with Money, lets get a pic of the chick, I bet she is a friggin hoss..LOL!! I wonder if she munches carpet or the carpet pole, lets hope the latter..LOL!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
  4. double r

double r Dock delivery expert

Walmart workboots. Last about six months. Never done me worng.

5. Moneyman01

Ive had Brahmas before and they dont last long. The bottoms become smooth really fast then you have no traction

6. double r

double r Dock delivery expert

I average about 5-6 months a pair and we have the road warrior ramps from hell! The ones with the spike-like grips on the ramps.

7. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

RR, my redwings last about a year, these walmart boots have almost 4 months and are showing little wear, I'm going this weekend to grab another pair before they are all gone, with inserts, good ones, these boots are the bomb, I love them, even better than the redwings.

8. maverickbubba

maverickbubba Member

Yeah its bad when you spend as much or more for your insoles than your boots. LOL
    Its like $45 for some at walmart
    :smilies-19296:

9. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I never looked at it like that, thanks Bubba, ya ruined it for me..LOL!! How is the job deal going, when do you start?

10. Moneyman01

GT where did you get the pic in your avatar?

11. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Idk I got it sent to me or something, happened along time ago, it was on HWY 169 in Tulsa, a sport biker, like me, was going way to fast and hit a yellow freight set, he got drug for a mile or so b4 motorists got him to pull over, the driver said he felt a bump and saw motorcycle parts fly by him and he kept going...huh??? Unfortunatly this young mans friend, who attened his funeral, died the very next week in a similar accident, sometimes we just don't learn.

I'm big on motorcycle safety, I put up this avatar for the Richard Craniums that don't see fit to take things seriously, everyone loves someone, if you or I die, there is someone that will cry and suffer for our stupidity.

12. maverickbubba

maverickbubba Member

I take the physical tomorrow and probably
    by the end of the month can not wait for the pay raise.

13. Hand Truckin Mule

Hand Truckin Mule Since 1996

New to the forum and wanted to add me two cents on this boot discussion. I use Timberland Pro Titan 6" composite toe boots. They are the most comfortable steel/composite toe boot I have ever worn right out of the box. The soles only last me 6 months but that's delivering 70,000 to 80,000 lbs a week up and down a ramp. These boots are super light, zero break in time and pretty good on slip resistance. I am one picky boot buyer and these pass with flying colors and at a reasonable price.

14. Stan Smith

Stan Smith Moderator

My timberlands are very light and never slip or slide even when on a sheet of ice. Straight up! Best boot I owned, ever, chalk it up!

15. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I'm gonna have to investegate the Timberlands, Red Wings are a bit heavy, my wal-mart boots are light but I gotta constantly put new insoles in them, and they don't last that long.

16. Hand Truckin Mule

Hand Truckin Mule Since 1996

GT run to the store and just try them on. I guarantee you will leave your wal mart boots on the floor, and walk out wearing those Timberlands. Just don't forget to pay for them on the way out... I used to wear Georgia's and Carolina's in the Marine Corps and they were nice but I wish I had these back then.

17. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree. I wore a pair when I was delivering granite slabs. Man that stuff would rip normal leather to shreds in no time. I bought a pair of composite toes with the coating that looked like bed liner material. That stuff is tough. It lasted over a year and never wore through to leather.

Guardrail-Xoomin'