New Penn | Work off the clock and receive Bertio Bucks

Teamster251

TB Regular
Credits
Seems that Bertio is allowing drivers to call in if they are running over on legal HOS time and driving equiptment in while off the clock.

Seems strange that a TM would allow this type of thing to happen, what type of thing you ask?

How about Kevin (former NEMF) the dispacher punching out a driver that was about to go over on his 14 hours so he wouldn't be in violation. Remember this driver was no where near the termianl and still in the operation of a CMV

But guess what, on or off the clock, if you are in the operation of a CMV and you are or can be proven to be over your hours of service you are in direct violation of the HOS rules, also comminting a felony be conspiraing to circumvent the HOS regs by comminting and illegal act.

Shame on this long time Teamster for allowing this to happen. God forbid if anything happened on or off the clock you are guilty.

Kevin should be shown the door for federal rules violations. Maybe this was a standard practice at NEMF, no wonder there always killing someone.

Boy I remember when NewPenn use to be the cream of the corp.

Bertio Bucks value for this one?..........Not sure, what do you think Bart?

Not to diminish your post, however if using as a personal vehicle, you are legal and off log. IE.. going to hotel or dinner while on rest.

Teamster 251:smilie_132:Are Bertio bucks redeemable at the pilot or tsa truckstops ,golly I sure would like to buy some of those shinny lugnuts for that thing they call a tractor that I drive:funky:

We've had drivers at STL(Yellow) do the same thing. Maybe they breakdown or get held at a terminal too long to complete the run that they're on, but they come on in anyway. I can't wait until one of these cowards has an accident after the 14th hour and Yellow hangs em with their own rope. These drivers always have an excuse as to why it was alright to do it. There is a CGB driver in prison as we speak because of his running hot/ not logging hours/ taking 12 hour runs. This guy had a accident that caused a couple of fatalities in Indiana and Yellow hung him.

There is a CGB driver in prison as we speak because of his running hot/ not logging hours/ taking 12 hour runs. This guy had a accident that caused a couple of fatalities in Indiana and Yellow hung him.

Anyone that runs hot and causes a fatality, deserves to be hung out to dry.
Anyone that runs hot, should be put out to pasture.
Any supervisor that forces a driver to run hot, should be put out to pasture with the hot driver.

if he punched driver out on time card he must have been city driver, they have that once aweek thing doing 16, if requirments are met and most are for city drivers. so why would he have bothered punching his card? road drivers have there punch card with them, so him punching something is meaningless. nice cut on nemf though, nt one of my favorites.

Teamster 251:smilie_132:Are Bertio bucks redeemable at the pilot or tsa truckstops ,golly I sure would like to buy some of those shinny lugnuts for that thing they call a tractor that I drive:funky:

Yes they are good at all TSAs and Pilots.

They will also be available for use in the UPS.com company store soon.

Remember you heard it here first........UPS is looking into buy YRC if the stock dips below 13 again.

T251, reporting live from my living room chair right next to my officail RoadKing Bigrigger CB Radio and combination boombox.:smilie_132:

if he punched driver out on time card he must have been city driver, they have that once aweek thing doing 16, if requirments are met and most are for city drivers. so why would he have bothered punching his card? road drivers have there punch card with them, so him punching something is meaningless. nice cut on nemf though, nt one of my favorites.

Not meaningless to the guys sitting home on lay-off while this individual violates the law and is allowed to do so by the company.

Besides the fact that this person left the yard after returning. He first came in witha fully loaded unit, parked his unit, left it hooked, got into a pre-hooked unit and left the gate knowing full well he would be in violation....the 16 hour rule does not pertain in that situation.

ok, you know more about incident than i do, so cant argue those facts. but just because you bring home a full load of city freight at new penn, doesnt mean your done in the city if there is freight to be picked up.it never has, and i can tell you it never will. although, doing it legal is a differant story.

ok, you know more about incident than i do, so cant argue those facts. but just because you bring home a full load of city freight at new penn, doesnt mean your done in the city if there is freight to be picked up.it never has, and i can tell you it never will. although, doing it legal is a differant story.

I know all too well about the city.......15 yrs in the city with RedStar.

Let's not talk about this anymore.

Let's talk about the city driver who tried to attack a off duty cop with a bat in Fall River, MA after a road rage incident and had the truck impounded and Bertio tried to cover it up. Happened over a year ago and the infomation is just now starting to leak out about it.

More later......................after I go deep on Bart

Oh How The Once Mighty Have Fallen!!!!!

Well We Know One Thing ,when You Have An Incompitent Buffoon Like Bertio In Charge Anything Goes. When The Steward Wont For Whatever Reason Confront The Afore Mentioned Buffoon Guys Will Do Whatever They Want,bertio Included. In My Almost 30 Years As A Teamster Ive Never Been Less Proud To Say Im A Union Man.the Guy Who Knowingly Runs Out Of Hours Is Ruining It For Every Brother In The Union.any Real Teamster Would Have Brought It Home And Told Them To Get A Guy In On Layoff To Finish The Work.what Ever Happened To The Real Old Time Teamsters Like Hesford,real And Legidal(sorry About The Spelling Ron).just Remember ,in Bert We Trust! What A Joke New Penn Has Become,its Just Sad. Err

tell me all about it, never even heard any kind of rumors on that one. just for the record, whats your beef with bart?i dont even know who he is, but you seem to want to bust his balls lately.