TForce | Work Rules???????

fspu

TB Lurker
Credits
Are there any barns that have work rules? Is everyone W.A.D.(Work As Directed)? Indy is W.A.D. and it sucks. Our pathetic Union doesn't care what goes on here and wishes they were never involved with UPS. When is UPS gonna step in, take over, and get rid of these worthless Overnite managers?

Ours is consistent to a degree. Some days they suddenly get into hardcore UPS mode, usually when the big wigs or auditors are in. They start doing everything by the book, crossing their 'T's" and dotting there "I's", that's when it seems like they make :::shit::: up.
Bottom line is UPS is hardcore on safety and efficiency and local management don't always adhere to the policy and procedures like they should.
One day we will all be consistent when it comes to operations and equipment and finally be able to remove our red wigs.

Are there any barns that have work rules? Is everyone W.A.D.(Work As Directed)? Indy is W.A.D. and it sucks. Our pathetic Union doesn't care what goes on here and wishes they were never involved with UPS. When is UPS gonna step in, take over, and get rid of these worthless Overnite managers?

We have plenty of established rules. because we have filed hundreds of grievances and the ones that were settle establishes a practice at our terminal.

The one rule that UPS has down really well is... "Fire you first, and ask questions second! It has several of our drivers anxiety levels maxed out and there nerves are shot..." What a way to go through life, always having to look over your shoulder, wondering... not if, but when you are going to get fired for something petty... and trust me, I have seen employees get the boot for doing some pretty miner stuff.

The one rule that UPS has down really well is... "Fire you first, and ask questions second! It has several of our drivers anxiety levels maxed out and there nerves are shot..." What a way to go through life, always having to look over your shoulder, wondering... not if, but when you are going to get fired for something petty... and trust me, I have seen employees get the boot for doing some pretty miner stuff.
What kind of "miner" stuff were they doing? Were they digging in the wrong place or digging for the wrong stuff? Either one sounds kind of minor to me.

Silverhawk1 said:

Ever hear of being terminated but allowed to continue to work until the hearing date? It happen at the old terminal last summer a cable line got caught on the top of the tractor when the driver was leaving the premises of a company he frequently visited. Residence said Time Warner had just replaced the line and must of hung it to low. First incident the driver ever had.

What kind of "miner" stuff were they doing? Were they digging in the wrong place or digging for the wrong stuff? Either one sounds kind of minor to me.
Well... I will have to just put it this way... Failure to follow work instruction means... “Nobody better be 'human' and forget to do any 1 of the 100 or so daily tasks we are expected to do perfectly every day without exception.” and depending on were you are in progressive discipline. A very small human error, can mean your out the door.

Yes, the southeast region has road rules but that is it, funny thing is neither the company/steward or the local union will recognize them, becuase we already agreed on local rules.

Ever hear of being terminated but allowed to continue to work until the hearing date? It happen at the old terminal last summer a cable line got caught on the top of the tractor when the driver was leaving the premises of a company he frequently visited. Residence said Time Warner had just replaced the line and must of hung it to low. First incident the driver ever had.
I hit a overhang on a building and they put me on the dock and was not allowed to drive.called it Intent To Terminate.Went to hearing got delayed twice. Six months later settled with One day suspension went back to driving.

I hit a overhang on a building and they put me on the dock and was not allowed to drive.called it Intent To Terminate.Went to hearing got delayed twice. Six months later settled with One day suspension went back to driving.

What????????????????????

...we have been getting this crap for some time....this is all about CSA2010 guys...I keep telling the powers at be to have a training class and explain what they require and instruct us....still waiting....as far as your case get with your BA,unless they have your signature on a training class that states the new requirements and you understand them...is grounds for back pay at the panel,local,regional,or national....demand clarification for all to understand at you local....IN WRITING !!!!!!!!!!!

Update..just talked to my BA,he told me he is waiting for instruction from the IBT,so DC is now involved...get this our region labor rep told him he was unaware of the issue.....so now you can bet the plot will thicken.....
..stay safe,think smart...65 and a hour lunch..............

Last edited by a moderator: