New Penn | worker appreciation

UnionTrucka

TB Regular
Credits
yesterday in Maspeth management hosted a bbq for all the hourly employees :surprised: we were all pretty surprised that they would do anything for us considering the strained relationship we had with them for the last few years. after boycotting a safety meeting about 3-4 years ago we were pretty much told to go F ourselves :hysterical: anyhow, everything turned out well. we even cracked a few brews together. we'll see how long that lasts. probably till the next missed stop :hysterical:

Thats pretty funny because 05 had an open house for the new terminal this week. Customers were invited to see the new terminal and there was a tent set up in the parking lot serving food but the drivers were not invited and from what I heard, were specifically told to stay away.

How's that for appreciation? We are the face of the company to these customers every day and we can't even break bread with them when they come to our house.

There is no appreciation at all for the drivers at 05 and it's really given a lot of former pro company guys a really bad attitude. This weeks slap in the face just added to it.

After that expensive road kit we got on driver appreciation week you guys complain. It took Steve G. our pres 3 trips to the dollar store to get enough for all the employees.
Anyone interested in buying some slightly used lockers. Seems we are now using props for our OS&D speeches at14. Yo Trucka you guys better straighten out up there. Sign those bills right. Even though we are short lockers.

Irishman,,how can trucka concentrate on signing the bills correctly:chairshot: when his mind is on all those good looking women with the short skirts:funky:

yesterday in Maspeth management hosted a bbq for all the hourly employees :surprised: we were all pretty surprised that they would do anything for us considering the strained relationship we had with them for the last few years. after boycotting a safety meeting about 3-4 years ago we were pretty much told to go F ourselves :hysterical: anyhow, everything turned out well. we even cracked a few brews together. we'll see how long that lasts. probably till the next missed stop :hysterical:

Did the Big guy know about this I am sure he would have liked to stop by and grab a few burgers:hysterical:

Did the Big guy know about this I am sure he would have liked to stop by and grab a few burgers:hysterical:

The Big Guy did know cause i called him but he wasn't able to make it. and they had a ::shit::-load of food :1036316054: as for paying attention, your right it is diffucult with all the good looking tail around here :1036316054:

After that expensive road kit we got on driver appreciation week you guys complain. It took Steve G. our pres 3 trips to the dollar store to get enough for all the employees.
Anyone interested in buying some slightly used lockers. Seems we are now using props for our OS&D speeches at14. Yo Trucka you guys better straighten out up there. Sign those bills right. Even though we are short lockers.

yeah we got that speech by Moe G. from security with a prop on our dock. the locker had a SCRATCH on it and because the driver who picked it up didn't make a notation on it, they claim it costs them $4g's. i don't know if one or all of the lockers were damaged but that story didn't sound right.

Irishman,,how can trucka concentrate on signing the bills correctly:chairshot: when his mind is on all those good looking women with the short skirts:funky:

Ahhhhh! The fringe benefits of working in the NY Metro area. Unfortunately, that will soon end with the approach of winter.
But then again, those same girls look awful nice in their leg warmers.

They're sitting right outside the driver's room at 21 this week.

I usually give my yearly prize away to one of my favorite customers. I was too ashamed/afraid to give it to my kids to play with.

The pen was broken, the flashlight would be crushed in all but the hands of a 90yr old woman and it's probably packing more lead than Barbie.

The zipper was even broken.