FedEx Freight | Working A Side Gig

Road_Warrior1

JUST TRUCK IT
Credits
Is there anything in the policy that says we (freight) cant work for a Ground contractor on the weekends as a side gig?? Things are drying up and have a opportunity to get a side gig but dont want to get in trouble for working for a "competitor"

Is there anything in the policy that says we (freight) cant work for a Ground contractor on the weekends as a side gig?? Things are drying up and have a opportunity to get a side gig but dont want to get in trouble for working for a "competitor"
I can’t speak to what the company policy would be, you would have to log and furnish your hours to your primary company per FMSCA regulations. So they would find out that way.

So even if I'm working under the contractor not actually employed with fedex ground.. think that would be a problem?
Yes, you can since you are NOT employed directly by another opco of the company. One of our line drivers is now doing this exact thing, but your main responsibility will be to honor your bid, availability to cover work assignments for freight.
The main issue is to get on the eld sight and keep very exacting logs. Hours, equipment,locations,ect.

Before anyone thinks I'm just trolling this sight and don't have a dog in the fight, I've been here 6 years just don't get on here to voice an opinion like I did at my past employers.

Yes, you can since you are NOT employed directly by another opco of the company. One of our line drivers is now doing this exact thing, but your main responsibility will be to honor your bid, availability to cover work assignments for freight.
The main issue is to get on the eld sight and keep very exacting logs. Hours, equipment,locations,ect.

Before anyone thinks I'm just trolling this sight and don't have a dog in the fight, I've been here 6 years just don't get on here to voice an opinion like I did at my past employers.

I work for a ground contractor, but not doing linehaul. I drop boxes on porches so it's easier to make sure I don't violate any rules on paper. I let the hub know and I had to fill out some paperwork. As long as I don't violate any rules and I have hours when FXF needs me, we're all good.

I work for a ground contractor, but not doing linehaul. I drop boxes on porches so it's easier to make sure I don't violate any rules on paper. I let the hub know and I had to fill out some paperwork. As long as I don't violate any rules and I have hours when FXF needs me, we're all good.
So I should definitely let them know so their isnt any conflicts

So I should definitely let them know so their isnt any conflicts

I went in and asked my OM if it would be a problem to do a ground route on Saturdays and he just gave me the paperwork to fill out. You shouldn't have any issues. The paperwork is just a CYA policy for them. Cover yours by logging your hours honestly. If need be, take a cc day if you have to.

Apologies, I was given bad information then. I had been told years ago that because the contractor has to run your info through FedEx, they wouldn’t allow it when they see you already work for FedEx.

That could be an easy weekend job and great for the contractor with FXG expanding to 7 day/week operations.

We used to have a part timer who also worked at Express. I think he was full time there because he would come in wearing the uniform.

On the other hand about ten years ago one of the city drivers got fired for not letting them know that he had a second job. I think it was at Home Depot, so maybe he was using his CDL or something. I'm not exactly sure about the details, and it was also so long ago that maybe whatever policy he violated has changed since then.

We've also had part timers who were also working the dock for competing trucking companies. I heard that wasn't allowed, but as far as I know none of them ever got in trouble.