FedEx Freight | working for fedex

BlueColoredTrucks

TB Regular
Credits
i work at conway and found out where the fedex terminal is near my place... ive also talked to a few drivers i see in the city and according to them i can just come in and fill out an application? is that true with most barns or you have to go only when they are hiring and posted it outside or only when its posted on their website...?
if i do go in, who do i ask to fill out an application?

also what is the starting pay for linedrivers and how does it work? i i heard theres no dockwork, but as the bottom guy what kind of runs and money would i make?

also, i have about only 9 months experience driving linehaul/city/hostler working for con-way... would that be enough as long as i can demonstrate in the road test that im good enough? or would they tell me to come back after i get what is it a year or 2 experience as it states on their site.

i work at conway and found out where the fedex terminal is near my place... ive also talked to a few drivers i see in the city and according to them i can just come in and fill out an application? is that true with most barns or you have to go only when they are hiring and posted it outside or only when its posted on their website...?
if i do go in, who do i ask to fill out an application?

also what is the starting pay for linedrivers and how does it work? i i heard theres no dockwork, but as the bottom guy what kind of runs and money would i make?

also, i have about only 9 months experience driving linehaul/city/hostler working for con-way... would that be enough as long as i can demonstrate in the road test that im good enough? or would they tell me to come back after i get what is it a year or 2 experience as it states on their site.

YellowColoredTrucks :1036316054:

I think that it would be better for you to stay with Conway and get a full two years of uninterrupted service and then fill out your application. Depending what part of So Cal you live I would just go to the nearest Service Center and talk to the terminal manager. Officially known as service center manager or even the operations manager can give you an idea when they are hiring line drivers or if they have line driver positions open at other bigger terminals like Whittier or Fontana. We are building a HUGE new terminal for San Bernardino and they will look for drivers in the future. You can also call San Jose admin at 1-800-VIKINGS and ask for Mark B. Director of Linehaul. He hangs out in Tucson, AZ and he has the big picture as to when he is going to need future line drivers and what terminal may have positions near where you live. Also as a line driver you start at top of scale for mileage pay which is the only thing you need to care about. You start the hourly wage at 6 dollars below top of scale and you get a 1.50 $ raise every 6 months and are at top of scale in 2 years. You also get a 7.5% VPEP bonus every month if the company meets or exceeds its OR. As a new hire you automatically get signed up for the 401K plan and you should at least try to put 6% of you wages to get a 3% company match. If you can afford to go 15% right of the bat you should have a million dollars after 30 years and retire in comfort.
:smilie_132:

Shame on Smokestack...

Sorry for being negative !
But this week sucked again !
Who cares !

Sorry about the tough week, Smoke. I appreciate the great job all you city guys do. The next top popped will be in honor for all of you.

It's just somedays you could just snap .

Thanks guys !:wavey:
You guys are like family to me.:grinning-smiley-021
I had 15 Miller High Lifes :beerchug: in the garage last night and think I'll go back to work on Monday.

Thsnks again
Smokestack :USA:

Bad day

Thanks guys !:wavey:
You guys are like family to me.:grinning-smiley-021
I had 15 Miller High Lifes :beerchug: in the garage last night and think I'll go back to work on Monday.

Thsnks again
Smokestack :USA:
Smokestack, sound like you need to come on over to the foodservice side, I had a wonderful week, off on thursday too, in at 0600 off at 1500 on friday, seriously though I feel your pain as well, I don't miss freight one bit, no sir not at all.

30 years of driving trucks.

I got to be honest with you , when I get done here at FXFE , I'm done with trucks.

I got to be honest with you , when I get done here at FXFE , I'm done with trucks.
Smokestack I have to be honest and say that I don't blame you, I have tried to get out of the truck and found myself right back in one by my own choice, I have a goal of getting out of the truck in the next, say 10 years by then I will hurt bad enough to appreciate not climbing in one but I do want to stay with the industry, foodservice if possible, 7 years in freight have soured me on going back, it did pay good though, and like someone said somewhere on here, none of the checks bounced, it was just not for me I guess. I am back where I belong.:1036316054: