ODFL | working for OD

well i just finished a roadtest and interview at phl terminal and the tm told me that they start at 17.50 an hour while on 4 weeks training then go to 18.42 an hour and as a city driver i would work about 9 hours a day 8-5 mon-fri and if i wanted extra hours (not overtime) i could do line haul on the weekends. he basically said theres no overtime and we would also get a 60 cent cost of living increase on to of the regular raises that u get tell u reach your top rate. so basically he said in 3 years ill be makin 23 dollars an hour, oh and the line haul is the same pay as the city. The benefits are ok he said that for medical, me being single would pay 13.50 a week where as someone who is married would pay 65.00 a week and would cover the family. for vacation he said in one year you get 1 week vacation. i think thats it, oh and they did have some 2005 freightliners and a couple 48 footers.

DirtyRice said:
oh and the line haul is the same pay as the city.

May want to ask that again...

Unless you are trying to say something else, we are paid mileage. I think its .4180 up to tops of .444

I work the city and top out at 21.03 an hour. We usually work 40-45 hrs in Cleveland. What I like is that it leaves me enough hours to run on the weekends. Usually every other. Weekend running is volunteer for city drivers. You can go wherever you want to legally. Out of Cleveland there are a ton of options. Its all in what you want. My TM and city dispatcher are easy going and dont ride us, so it makes it easy to get up and go to work, and if I need an extra $400.00 or so I can run the weekend. I like it because it works for me. It my not work for others.

FlyByWire said:
May want to ask that again...

Unless you are trying to say something else, we are paid mileage. I think its .4180 up to tops of .444

i asked the tm howmuch do u get paid for line haul he said its the same, i guess he forgot about the miles or is it both?

DirtyRice said:
i asked the tm howmuch do u get paid for line haul he said its the same, i guess he forgot about the miles or is it both?

There are some linehaul shuttle jobs that if I'm not mistaken pay by the hour not the mile. this is usually only in the NE where miles and time are 2 different things. I remember talking to a Jersey city to Philly shuttle driver that said he was hourly. There used to be shuttles from JC to LI or Brklyn that were like that also. These are not places you want mileage pay as it could take all day to go 100 miles.

OT

Some terminals kick you out at 8 hours-you do your route and you are done. Kinda hard to feed the family on 40 hours a week and not over time pay

I recently took id pic for badge, done a road test and passed it but hadnt heard anything back and I was wondering how long does the hiring process normally take at od?

newp&d sometimes it will take some time but if you went threw all that just wait you will be getting the call.....od doesnt waste time on ones they wont hire

thanks groundhog i was starting to think they might have changed their minds on hiring, because SE freight done me like that earlier this yr but im gonna keep hope alive, thanks for the information it was greatly appreciated.

I am because i was told that the tm really liked me and wanted to give me the job just dont know what my previous employers said since they were all mad when I left even though I notified them before i ended my employment with them, od seems like a better fit for me the work environment is great, the best i've seen so far the money seems fairly good and the benefits seems good also so i feel like its a good move for me and my family

Got the call back everythings a go start Monday cant wait to see what this company has to offer, every driver i met seemed really happy so im sure I can jump on board with this great company and do the same....