ODFL | Working on Christmas???

So did anyone end up actually working on Christmas or was this all for naught?
Running the other way
TSvWwlj.jpg

Well. in 8+ years, including this one. Volunteers only, or stuck due to weather. In our area, most couldn't even volunteer. 5 years ago got stuck out a day due to weather in Burlington, CO. Then got moving. PAR was a ghost town at 3am on Christmas morning, waves of drifted snow. Got 200 feet into yard and truck stuck. Terminal manager said leave it, lugged stuff to car. (only one in lot). Luckily wind had cleared employee lot. Went to motel. Roads had closed behind me on way in. Couple really good terminal people heard I was stranded. Had me over for Christmas dinner. Then next day helped me dig out car at motel.

Wasn't at Christmas but last year I was on the way to STL from ATL and ran into snow in KY on I24. Slowed me down but I was getting through. Out of nowhere I get a call from a Paducah phone #. TM from Paducah came in early and started looking for drivers that were in route passing through is area. He had a few stopping and going to the hotel and asked me if I wanted him to wait for me. I declined but appreciated that he was looking out for me even though I wasn't actually dispatched to Paducah.