ODFL | Working on Memorial Day

workin_idiot

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone else working today?? Got called yesterday when I was in the middle of my reset to come in and do do a run, funny thing is is that it's not set up in the system and central has no knowledge of it...

I thought i was to work last night but wasn't set on anything so i called and was told to run tonight instead. I am not set on anything yet but i kbow the loads i pull came in last night. Guess i'll call central after while.

Well,the only working I'm doing is sitting right year.:hide:What a hard job of a old city driver.Well,tomorrow will be back to the grind.Wishing everyone a good day..

Relays were canceled, except volunteer runs. 1st time remember relays not regularly scheduled. What I do, term to term schedules off all holidays. Reason I do this now, Worked every holiday except Christmas for 5 years, know do volunteer if falls in middle of week. Usually cover one our relays for someone who wanted off, or feed relays from hub for next day start up.

Anyone else working today?? Got called yesterday when I was in the middle of my reset to come in and do do a run, funny thing is is that it's not set up in the system and central has no knowledge of it...

Went to St. Louis last night and going to Fort Smith tonight, so yeah I'm working. :shift:

The guys I talked to volunteered to run my way. No one at my center ran, just a couple of extra guys from the breaks who ended up with 600+ miles. I drove 600 miles home from Jackson, TN and have to say YRC was pulling the heaviest.

I worked, just ran a NGA and then MGM, I'm being a nice guy and helping them in the city again this week. It was just shy of 300 miles, but when you add in the holiday pay plus the 712 I ran Sunday it's starting off to be a pretty lucrative week.

The guys I talked to volunteered to run my way. No one at my center ran, just a couple of extra guys from the breaks who ended up with 600+ miles. I drove 600 miles home from Jackson, TN and have to say YRC was pulling the heaviest.

When I applied at YRC a couple of years ago they told me the only day the system shut down was Christmas Day. Those extraboarders over there had to be loving it, with a hog board sometimes the weekends and holidays are the only time they get to work.

I got to spend the night in a luxurious grande suite at JCY.

All the ones I heard of that worked yesterday were ones who volunteered to go out.

:6788:well,enjoy your stay tonight too.Make sure you ask for the leppard bed sheet's.lol

It isn't all that bad! Going on my second week doing bag runs up here. If I use a lot of imagination I can pretend these sheets are made of 800 thread count Egyptian Cotton :D

It isn't all that bad! Going on my second week doing bag runs up here. If I use a lot of imagination I can pretend these sheets are made of 800 thread count Egyptian Cotton :D

There are lots of miles in New England when you get managed properly ... enjoy !!!

We all ran normal operations Monday night. It was a regular day, we had to run. That night we were the only ones working that I saw.

We all ran normal operations Monday night. It was a regular day, we had to run. That night we were the only ones working that I saw.

That's messed up seeing how the linehaul VP said we would be closed except for volunteers or in cases that we had priority freight that had to move. I wonder what the reason behind running was???

That's messed up seeing how the linehaul VP said we would be closed except for volunteers or in cases that we had priority freight that had to move. I wonder what the reason behind running was???

Not sure, that's the first I heard that the VP said that. But normal operations out of our terminal includes 5 terminals at all our meet and turn locations. So I know for a fact that 5 terminals ran normal operations that night.