ODFL | Working or playing ?

I just do what I am told and relax. Rarely take breaks usually ahead of schedule on my linehaul the city dispatchers always seem happy when I peddle I think because I just take the hand held and manifest get in the truck and go.
Out of mind out of sight come in through the dock door in the morning and leave by it at night. I will run any relay, if they need me for a bag run I am not chained to the house. Once in a while I spend a week or two at another terminal. Take all my vacations all my holidays and personal days off. Contribute to the 401 K and use the insurances. Rarely ever broadcast a bad attitude and project a good one to the newbies. Still want my home time I give 90% Plus some.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Complain about a job is stressful. OD never told me to do anything that I was not aware of when I got hired on. My observations If you make a fuss you are put at the bottom of the list. If you place yourself out front you will be expected to show your accomplishments. I stick to the job I am assigned to do complain all the time gets me no where thats the boy that cries wolf. Also I have experience in almost all supervisory transportation jobs and understand middle management and business needs.

Have you got the holiday off or are you holidaying at O.D. ?

I use my vacation days to take most holidays off to be with my family and enjoy myself. The job is stressful enough without the added stress of holiday traffic and not being home. Work will always be there.

I use my vacation days to take most holidays off to be with my family and enjoy myself. The job is stressful enough without the added stress of holiday traffic and not being home. Work will always be there.

When you hit that 4 weeks paid or 5 now,things start getting easier.