Yellow | Working Termination ???

bad slavin

TB Lurker
Credits
I was told by a worker at the Scr. /W-B terminal that one of their P&D drivers was fired for refusing a direct work order, however he is still working until the hearing because the B.A. said he is under a working termination. What does that mean?? Because they don't have enough people ,this man can still work until it is determined if he is fired or not??? Way to go local 229 !!!

You lose your job immediately for what the contract calls a " cardinal sin ". All other terminations go through the hearing procedure .

This has happened several times at my terminal. They work whom they fire so they do not have to pay them back pay and back benefits after the hearing.

Thanks for all the input. I was corrected by another driver that this situation was a U.E . driver came back from his run, a number of P&D drivers had booked off. The T.M. told him to start working the dock and load local trailers P&D freight , to which he refused,stating he obligated his tour which was U.E. work and did not have to break freight for local delivery. I believe he is on 4-10's. Not sure if he can be forced to break local freight, can anyone find out?? Thanks