ABF | working thanksgiving

shrink wrap

TB Lurker
Credits
Company post on the bulletin board sites line haul will operate on the holiday. Not optional or as needed. So nice of Judy to include the purchase transportion in with us. Welcome to the new arc best

Company post on the bulletin board sites line haul will operate on the holiday. Not optional or as needed. So nice of Judy to include the purchase transportion in with us. Welcome to the new arc best
that sucks. Would be nice if they would give you guys that holiday at least...

Something new this year.guess they want everyone to call off so they can use more outside carriers. Boy this place is going down hill

I seem to recall that they used to shut down all operations for Thanksgiving, Christmas and maybe New Years? I also remember the time a nasty snow storm was predicted (and we got it) and they brought all the trucks in off the road ahead of time. I wonder if that would ever happen again. :confused:

I seem to recall that they used to shut down all operations for Thanksgiving, Christmas and maybe New Years? I also remember the time a nasty snow storm was predicted (and we got it) and they brought all the trucks in off the road ahead of time. I wonder if that would ever happen again. :confused:
conway use to do the same thing.... Run unless the road is closed. That is gone now. It's only freight.

Aunt Judy can never mind this road driver is not working give me a letter write me up do what u gotta do we all say hell no

OK, so to be clear, we bet $100 you're saying Queen B will be in, I say no, she'll be enjoying time with her family. She shows and I'm out $100, she stays home enjoying turkey cooked by her illegal Jamaican house maid and I get $5,000, right?

What is the point of working on Thanksgiving and the day after only to sit at home on Saturday and Sunday because the freight ran out?

The point is you won't be with your family on the holiday. Customers come first and Judy doesn't give a rats #$$ about you and me. They could probably move everything on the weekend with as slow as it has been

Sure I'll take that bet ur on she really cares about the working people that moves the fr8 makes her millions gotta love old aunt Judy

you don't have to work the holiday days, it is paid days off, take it if you please. same goes for all other contractual holidays.. that's why it is in our contract.. if it weren't in our contract then be pissed. unfortunately some guys get stuckout or overlap and get the 4 hr pay for working into/on holiday, which is bonus/ or penalty if you take it that way. they cant force you to work exception road drivers whose runs have them out.. plan accordingly if possible.

I agree with your thoughts though,, I never have worked Thanksgiving or Christmas, never will.. Judy being religious and all seems to be a bit off on this if its her call.

So it sounds like ABF is offering work for those who want to work but those who don't want to don't have to. Don't let them bully you into it. We work too much as it is.

Ok so we don't have to work on a paid holiday. Can someone post were that is at in the contract. Page number or cut and paste it to the site. I don't want to work on the holiday. Thanks

To my knowledge in my territory they can force from the bottom up if they get no volunteers. Now if you're on call...you should know how to handle that. What is more important is whether or not your local will stand behind you on it. As we all know the contract is pretty much worthless in these situations most of the time. It would be best if you could call you local hall or check with your Steward on it. It could go one way in the west and a different way in the east.