Estes | Working weekends?

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Why are they working drivers mandatory and asking for volunteers to run freight on the weekends? Then cutting runs during the because of no freight. Doesn't make any sense. I seen a terminal the other day send drivers back home while they had 4 Covenant tractors out in the yard waiting for trailers.

Why are they working drivers mandatory and asking for volunteers to run freight on the weekends? Then cutting runs during the because of no freight. Doesn't make any sense. I seen a terminal the other day send drivers back home while they had 4 Covenant tractors out in the yard waiting for trailers.
Maybe they have a contract with Covenant that requires a minimum amount of loads

Pyle used to used purchased transportation. Usually on imbalanced lanes. Think the PT companies got paid no matter what. So of course they got the work if things were slow. Eventually things got all moved in house

I was in St Louis the other day and they had posted that weekends were back to volunteer only.

Because freight moves across the system in waves based on different variables. Your terminal or area may be slow but others busy. Covenant drivers pull Mtys out of many terminals to get repositioned . The same is done with extra board drivers. All I can say is maybe if you went extra board you might get more miles in your area. I will say at the terminal I work out of many of the bottom guys work combo to work different classifications and keep working.

Well, Estes is nothing like XPO. Besides hauling LTL, Estes and XPO have different business models. Also , nothing works at XPO. How’s strapping every skid and taking pictures going?
lol. Yeah that didn’t work either. Now they are telling us make sure the last 4 feet are strapped. Make the close picture look good.