ABF | Working without a Contract: A Strategy Whose Time Has Come?

Please do . We need all the help we can get

Now that's one thing that I can't do...I have this fault that makes me respect one's company forum. Plus the fact that I don't comment on things that I know nothing about which you have proved what you actually know about ABF...the IBT and Panther today...which is not much at all.

Are you drunk? You make no sense. Lets see, You say im a kiss ass for conway but I defend teamsters, you say I want abf to strike so I can take a pay cut, ????? Doesn't make sense. All I said from the first page is abf guys are backed in a corner from the lack of organizing From the teamsters. Abf will get what they want. Didn't yrc?
Pardon me for interuping, but Rollin, you sound like the one who has been drinking. You better cut and run, that guy is killing you.

Now hold on a minute, I never said you wanted a strike. I asked you a simple question and to this point you still have not directly answered it. No argument here, just trying to find out what you think would happen. In case you don't remember, the question I asked was "Just curious Docker, do you think ABF could survive a strike or would that mean the end of the union side of ABC?". If you don't want to answer me that is fine, but don't go off half-cocked and try to tell me I said something I didn't. If you can't or won't answer that is fine, that just means I don't see any more need to converse with you on this matter... :regretful:

No...you hold on a minute...you are the one that comes here talking about what I think about ABF surviving a strike like that is what I'm pushing for and my sole intention here just because of that pin...and don't try to tell me otherwise. Now...actually read that pin...and tell me it's meaning!!!

As for your question...first of all...just what are you even talking about meaning the end of the union side of ABC? That make no sense at all. As for ABF surviving a strike...let's put it this way and see if you can understand...ask a parent who's son who is about to go off to war if they think he will survive the war...now...do you have your answer?

Yeah you'll look good with that strike button on your chest in the unemployment line but you stood up for what you believed in. I'm just pissed off we will have more freight fallinoff our dock cause of your type being a stubborn ass and not getting with times. I work hard enough without abf going under. Oh yeah, it's 2013

does not matter if you wear a strike button or not,you dont get unemployment when you are on strike, thats why they have a strike fund.but good luck with that,unemployment check pays more than that

If a strike is authorized , docker will be unemployed with his button. Plain and simple and no going back

And here you are...wanting to join a union...go figure!

Now...just why do you think the Teamsters have what they have today...was it the kindness of the companies heart in the past?

Why are the teamsters losing what they had yesterday? Why is there not a drive for more carriers to help with pension fund??? I want answers too. I want ot, pension, full insurance. Why do the abf guys have to sacrifice concessions to stay alive? Abfs fault? Nons fault? Teamsters fault? Deregulation ?

Why are the teamsters losing what they had yesterday? Why is there not a drive for more carriers to help with pension fund??? I want answers too.

You want the truth...IMO...because so many non unions are dead set against unions and some even have legitimate reasons for doing so...the IBT is not perfect and I sure do have my disagreements with some of their decisions...but that is not a reason to hate the union in general.The union is the workers only defense of the corporate world calling all the shots and if the union ever folds...everyone will be waking up to that reality. You complain that the LTL sector in freight is suffering from membership...there's your answer about the pension. Remember...the union is the Rank and File...not the leadership...the more Rank and File...the stronger the voice and we need more Rank and File added and do just that...to voice their opinion so that things can change so many more non union companies would get involved. But everyone expects the Teamsters to be perfect now...I have news for them...nothing is ever perfect...but this is one Teamster along with many that will keep voicing their opinion to the leadership in the hopes of making it the best it can be!

One more thing...fear is the biggest obstacle for the non union worker to overcome and the companies know it...that's why they threaten to shut the doors if the workers want to join the union...so tell me...what would be your vote in that situation?

I totally get your point. So where do we go from here? Conway requires new hires to watch the anti union video and brain wash these kids that don't know jack about a union and the teamsters are just kicked backed waiting for a carrier to bring em some signature cards. Where's the leadership to educate the uneducated? This new generation thinks this nonunion compensation is the norm.

I totally get your point. So where do we go from here? Conway requires new hires to watch the anti union video and brain wash these kids that don't know jack about a union and the teamsters are just kicked backed waiting for a carrier to bring em some signature cards. Where's the leadership to educate the uneducated? This new generation thinks this nonunion compensation is the norm.

You bring up a good point Rollin62...right now I can't answer just where the leadership is to educate the uneducated...but you can bet that I will start digging into it and trying to find some answers for you...that's all I can honestly say. If you are serious about this...I'll do my best to get you all the facts and information that you request and find out just where do we go from here.How does that sound? But for right now...I must go and get my beauty sleep...lol