ODFL | Working ?

The Northwest is doing fair. The only reason I was cancelled was weather, and that was mainly because the Ca. trucks were shut down in Nocal.

its very slow in tup. 1 or 2 p&d drivers off everyday except monday. 2 linehaul runs cancelled last wed - friday. everyone in town seems alittle slow, the bad thing is we have lost more freight in last 6 - 8 months than we are hauling now. mostly due to pricing, seems like any big account that could be a huge help or we dont need to lose corp. will not approve any competitive pricing.

its very slow in tup. 1 or 2 p&d drivers off everyday except monday. 2 linehaul runs cancelled last wed - friday. everyone in town seems alittle slow, the bad thing is we have lost more freight in last 6 - 8 months than we are hauling now. mostly due to pricing, seems like any big account that could be a huge help or we dont need to lose corp. will not approve any competitive pricing.

Young man are saying someone may possibly need to get their head out of their azz and re evaluate some of these accounts ? To look at things again and see if some profit can be made moving this freight ? This is a bad time of year to be unattentive to customers or picky with freight but I never was in sales and know very little about it.What I do know is the difference between a good paycheck and a bad paycheck.I learned all the little things.....that when combined made the difference between the 2 types of checks.

Do you know who is getting all the big accounts in your area.Yellow and UPS Freight are cutting everyones throat around my area.

Do you know who is getting all the big accounts in your area.Yellow and UPS Freight are cutting everyones throat around my area.

con-way seems to be killing everybody in our area, they have made a big push the last few months. averitt will cut your throat to, but they have been doing that forever.

con-way seems to be killing everybody in our area, they have made a big push the last few months. averitt will cut your throat to, but they have been doing that forever.

That's the nature of this business and if you don't get in the fray your docks may end up empty.

It looks like the same players are doing it everywere.Just hang in there!Corp.keeps a close eye on that stuff and they will make a changes were needed.:1036316054:Our freight is up according to my t/m.You can't tell it by me.But i'm not missing anytime eather.

Yellow and UPS Freight are cutting everyones throat around my area.

I am surprised that Yellow is pricing strong; they are not usually the company that cuts prices. Now Central and ABF, I would expect.

Yellow and UPS Freight are cutting everyones throat around my area.

I am surprised that Yellow is pricing strong; they are not usually the company that cuts prices. Now Central and ABF, I would expect.

Yellow is hurting right now.The buy-outs are not working like they hoped they would.They are just trying to stop the bleeding.UPS has the deepest pockets.They are buying freight.Can they keep it?That remains to be seen.

Yellow is hurting right now.The buy-outs are not working like they hoped they would.They are just trying to stop the bleeding.UPS has the deepest pockets.They are buying freight.Can they keep it?That remains to be seen.

Yellow has been hurting for as long as I remember. Being that they are a KC headquarter outfit the local paper keeps up with them.

My take everything that is going on with Yellow has been mapped out. They will consolidate, restructure, spin off whatever their subsidiaries bleeding them dry of all the cash they can get out of it till their are only one or two brand names left. Using every excuse in the book as they go along to defer the blame to something like the economy or what ever excuse can be used for the time. Not really caring about the humans that work for them. If it gets to the point that they cannot make any profit do not kid yourself they do. they will fade away. Somehow they have always pulled the rabbit out of the hat that is what I would expect. This is just all old news nothing new with them. Its all thought out ahead of time its about ####s and $$$$$$$.

I think your right on UPS They are the real big guy on the block. if it does not work for them I am not sure you may see the big O come back.

man we got plenty of pick ups in philly, i went to a customer to pick up some freight and there was 2 skids going somewhere, the customer had a stickie left on the bill by mistake i guess, and it had the quotes for all the carriers,

Yellow: $255
Roadway: $250
Con-way: $245
NEMF: $235
ODFL: $216

ive talked to my sales rep and if there good freight to move they can beat the comps prices. i think the sales guys just gotta get out there and push those deals.

man we got plenty of pick ups in philly, i went to a customer to pick up some freight and there was 2 skids going somewhere, the customer had a stickie left on the bill by mistake i guess, and it had the quotes for all the carriers,

Yellow: $255
Roadway: $250
Con-way: $245
NEMF: $235
ODFL: $216

ive talked to my sales rep and if there good freight to move they can beat the comps prices. i think the sales guys just gotta get out there and push those deals.

Seems like it has alot to do with were it's going and the size of your term.We got one of the largest term.in the area and our rates are very good here.some of the smaller are struggling.