FedEx Freight | Worst Drivers Ever Videos

In conjunction with the topic, (although not a video), I thought I’d share the most recent findings with the class since, IMO, they fit right in with “Worst Drivers”...

According to the latest figures from the most recent Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) audit preformed by the DOT in association with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA), FedEx Freight scored poorly with vehicle maintenance failures and proper HAZMAT placarding.

These findings prompted a two day exercise which was preformed unannounced to the drivers and although they produced results that were shocking to management, a few drivers weren’t surprised at all!!! Here are just a few of the findings, brace yourself...

Note: These findings pertain to any and all drivers who came onto the CLT yard (from CRW to SAV, from KNX to WMN, from RCH to ATL, and all centers in between) during the two day exercise unless stated otherwise...

98% of all drivers did NOT stop at the crosswalk(s)...(not surprised)

Over 50% of all Road drivers went AGAINST the posted directional signs or went the WRONG WAY on the yard...(I’m guilty here)

70% of Road drivers (CLT drivers only) FAILED to raise the hood for a proper and thorough pre-trip inspection...70%, 7 of 10!!!! (Even this one surprised me)

80% of all Road drivers did NOT check the trailer sides, under carriage, or tandems during their post-trip inspection...80 freaking percent!!!! That means 8 out of 10 drivers just “toe tapped” the tires while whistling Dixie and not checking ::shit::....if they even made it past the landing gear at all!!!!!

These findings wreak of “Worst Drivers” and are embarrassing at the least. Hopefully this will shine a light on a large problem that’s been neglected and overlooked for at least the 25+ years that I’ve been here!! It’s past time to stop sweeping this ::shit:: under the rug and take action...before someone pays the ultimate price!!

In conjunction with the topic, (although not a video), I thought I’d share the most recent findings with the class since, IMO, they fit right in with “Worst Drivers”...

According to the latest figures from the most recent Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA) audit preformed by the DOT in association with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA), FedEx Freight scored poorly with vehicle maintenance failures and proper HAZMAT placarding.

These findings prompted a two day exercise which was preformed unannounced to the drivers and although they produced results that were shocking to management, a few drivers weren’t surprised at all!!! Here are just a few of the findings, brace yourself...

Note: These findings pertain to any and all drivers who came onto the CLT yard (from CRW to SAV, from KNX to WMN, from RCH to ATL, and all centers in between) during the two day exercise unless stated otherwise...

Over 50% of all Road drivers went AGAINST the posted directional signs or went the WRONG WAY on the yard...(I’m guilty here)

70% of Road drivers (CLT drivers only) FAILED to raise the hood for a proper and thorough pre-trip inspection...70%, 7 of 10!!!! (Even this one surprised me)

80% of all Road drivers did NOT check the trailer sides, under carriage, or tandems during their post-trip inspection...80 freaking percent!!!! That means 8 out of 10 drivers just “toe tapped” the tires while whistling Dixie and not checking :::shit:::....if they even made it past the landing gear at all!!!!!

These findings wreak of “Worst Drivers” and are embarrassing at the least. Hopefully this will shine a light on a large problem that’s been neglected and overlooked for at least the 25+ years that I’ve been here!! It’s past time to stop sweeping this :::shit::: under the rug and take action...before someone pays the ultimate price!!
I feel most of these things can be addressed with some education. Some people have forgotten that the pre/post trip is the law. Whichever company you work for will not be liable if in an accident YOU WILL.With that being said let’s work together to encourage doing your JOB!!

80% of all Road drivers did NOT check the trailer sides, under carriage, or tandems during their post-trip inspection...80 freaking percent!!!! That means 8 out of 10 drivers just “toe tapped” the tires while whistling Dixie and not checking :::shit:::....if they even made it past the landing gear at all!!!!!

These findings wreak of “Worst Drivers” and are embarrassing at the least. Hopefully this will shine a light on a large problem that’s been neglected and overlooked for at least the 25+ years that I’ve been here!! It’s past time to stop sweeping this :::shit::: under the rug and take action...before someone pays the ultimate price!!
Not trying to ::shit:: in your yard Red, but I have seen all these, failure to perform proper pretrip for longer than the last 25 years. Can’t believe how many, if it rolls it goes attitudes there are out there.

I stop at all stop signs and crosswalks in the yard. I tend to follow the signs when I'm at other centers because I don't know the culture of that building. I disregard them at my barn because everybody does. I take my pretrip very seriously because that's for my safety and piece of mind. FedEx can say a pretrip isn't necessary, and I'd still do one. I am guilty of doing it off the clock because I want to preserve my hours.

My post trip is lights, tires, leaks and making sure nothing is dangling underneath.

For placards, I have the charts I got from Harrisburg saved on my phone and that's what I use when I placard. Most of the guys use the "suggested placards" on the paperwork. I don't even look at them. I go straight to the hazmat bill and see what it is and if it requires placards.

My opinion, maybe not the popular one, is that the crosswalks should be “stop when pedestrians are present”, just like they are on Main Street in Everytown, USA.
I begrudgingly stop every time, but when no one is around I think it’s absurd.