Estes | worst terminals

roadmann

TB Lurker
Credits
what are the worst terminals you line drivers have been to what about the worst bunk houses or hotels you have been to

New Haven, but we have not been back in years, or West Middlesex, always seemed like I had to clean my lungs out after stayin there and that woman with those heels, and always the occasional drawer opening up and slamming back.. Cleveland cause you get to sleep on the floor, I could go on and on but as long as you stay west of the Mississippi you are doing good..

Any terminal that doesn't have accommodations within walking distance from the motel for us alcoholics is a bad place to be. Don't recall of ever staying at such a terminal thus far.

Any terminal that doesn't have accommodations within walking distance from the motel for us alcoholics is a bad place to be. Don't recall of ever staying at such a terminal thus far.

That's right, we got good locations for that, most bars are in the most undesirable places...LOL

I will tell one time I stayed in Detroit when I was on my lovely Wed start, was there on a Friday night and man had a good ol time down in that Bar, did'nt leave till Sat night...After all this place will make you drink...

Lot of variables there. Could be a nice yard, easy to get to, great people, nice shop, get you in or out right away, but a crap motel or bunkroom. Or swing it the other way with the "nicest" bunkroom or beautiful motel but everything else is miserable. Everyone has their favorites and my favorite 5 are: Nashville, Williamsport, Elgin, Winchester, and Minneapolis. These are not in order and subject to change weekly.

How about Florida terminals? Any bunk rooms there? How are the hotels? Oh and with the bunk rooms I'm assuming you have to bring your own towels and washcloths correct?

Jacksonville,just pay for the room.Its about 35.00 bucks at Stars Rest motel.Not exactly 5 star unless you compare it to bunk room.

Orlando,bunkroom is ok.Separate building from terminal near back of property.Can get loud sometimes because of adjoining business.Not the best of neighborhoods either.

West Palm,nice decent hotel,located just west of 95.

Miami,surprisingly nice Days Inn.Though its right across street from Miami Intl,which can be loud at times.

Never laid over at Tampa or Ft Meyers,though Tampa has the same setup as Orlando and Ft Meyers is a motel.
These are just my opinions,one mans trash is another mans gold.

Yea,dont forget your towels and linens.

Jacksonville,just pay for the room.Its about 35.00 bucks at Stars Rest motel.Not exactly 5 star unless you compare it to bunk room.

Orlando,bunkroom is ok.Separate building from terminal near back of property.Can get loud sometimes because of adjoining business.Not the best of neighborhoods either.

West Palm,nice decent hotel,located just west of 95.

Miami,surprisingly nice Days Inn.Though its right across street from Miami Intl,which can be loud at times.

Never laid over at Tampa or Ft Meyers,though Tampa has the same setup as Orlando and Ft Meyers is a motel.
These are just my opinions,one mans trash is another mans gold.

Yea,dont forget your towels and linens.
Miami also has the Ramada as an option. It's easier to park the sleepers there. It's where I stayed on Fridays because of the parking. Ft Myers is ok. Nice Mexican restaurant just north of hooters about a half block.
I think you'll like Tampa. It's one of the few bunks I stayed at. Rooms on the backside are the best because the tractor parking is next to the rooms facing the parking lot. If you make a left out the gate and another left. There's a cuban deli about 3 or 4 miles with great Cuban sammiches and cuban coffee. You'll see clearly why I liked the motel there if those bunks where ever full

Miami also has the Ramada as an option. It's easier to park the sleepers there. It's where I stayed on Fridays because of the parking. Ft Myers is ok. Nice Mexican restaurant just north of hooters about a half block.
I think you'll like Tampa. It's one of the few bunks I stayed at. Rooms on the backside are the best because the tractor parking is next to the rooms facing the parking lot. If you make a left out the gate and another left. There's a cuban deli about 3 or 4 miles with great Cuban sammiches and cuban coffee. You'll see clearly why I liked the motel there if those bunks where ever full

If ya gotta sleeper, sleep in the truck and leave it running, unless Eddie S. is in the area... Then you'll get called in on the carpet.... The Mayor has to watch over the Rob's money....

If ya gotta sleeper, sleep in the truck and leave it running, unless Eddie S. is in the area... Then you'll get called in on the carpet.... The Mayor has to watch over the Rob's money....
My sleeper only idled 3 minutes when I had it. I thought the mayor has been evicted from the bunks 5 years ago.

What's the chances of a solo getting a sleeper? If you get one will they hardwire a power inverter in it? I've got a fridge and microwave that I could put to good use!

What's the chances of a solo getting a sleeper? If you get one will they hardwire a power inverter in it? I've got a fridge and microwave that I could put to good use!
Pretty good chance of getting one out of Athens. You just plug your inverter into the cigarette lighter but you won't need a fridge and a microwave with the money you'll be making. That stuff is for those real truck drivers making peanuts. I'll let you know where all the best restaurants are from this side of the Mississippi and all of Texas, Louisiana Maine and many others. I am da man. I don't give a rats ass what Stark says.