ODFL | Worst to best

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Which terminals are the worst to go into to pick up loads ? Dispatcher is deaf or dumb or both,pot holes,mud,bad yard lighting,trailers can't be found or are 2 inches apart,shop closed,the coffee machine is always broke,or whatever makes it a bad experience.Then again which are the best,which terminals can you go into and leave in a safe,efficient manner ?

CHICAGO IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST. i wont even attempt to write a list why i hate going there. Now indy on the other hand is an awesome terminal only complaint is the saftey supervisior is located there

worst term chi. worst disp. at night in columbus oh i wished i had punched him out when he cussed me instead of walking out and letting it go

Which terminals are the worst to go into to pick up loads ? Dispatcher is deaf or dumb or both,pot holes,mud,bad yard lighting,trailers can't be found or are 2 inches apart,shop closed,the coffee machine is always broke,or whatever makes it a bad experience.Then again which are the best,which terminals can you go into and leave in a safe,efficient manner ?

Chicago wins overall as a bad yard with bad people. South Windsor has a good facility and people from another planet working there, might be Chicago transplants. Albequerque is a dump on a dirt hill. We've gotten rid of some of the worst yards, still have some of the bad people.
Plenty of terminals where the people treat you like gum on their shoe. I many times get to know how some truckload carriers feel when they walk into a terminal/business. OD is like working for 100+(I don't know how many terminals we have) different companies each operating independently.

So far CHI is the run away winner of being a loser.Anymore "honorable" mentions ?

My experience with terminals is limited. I have not been to Chicago or Indy. But from the ones I have seen here are some good and bad.

Lynchburg VA, worst lot! Looks like the surface of the moon! Asheville NC is another dirt lot not in the best shape but is way better than LYN. Dispatchers in Asheville some of the best. Lynchburg staff is friendly too. Augusta GA, small dirt lot. You will have a tight fit with two drivers in there at one time. Really bad with three. But their morning dock guy is one of the best. He helped me out one morning in a big way! :1036316054:

Martinsville VA, smallest lot! You can barely get two drivers on the lot at the same time. Roanoke VA is another small yard but not as bad. Good staff, never a problem.

Charlotte NC, doors too close together! If you drop or pick up you almost always have to crawl under the trailer to crank down landing gear. Not enough room otherwise. Also, bathrooms in Charlotte are really bad. Man, someone there should be written up for them. I would not let my dog go in that bathroom. Night dispatcher is rude and useless for any help.

Greensboro NC, has plenty of room to get around and that is a good point. But I always seem to have a hard time finding my trailers. If I start looking in the yard then they are at the doors. If I look at the doors then they are on the yard. Its almost like the switchers play hide and seek with the trailers. One of their night dispatchers has some problems :duh: the poor guy does not even know how to arrive a driver. If the gate does not catch you the dispatcher makes you call IVR to arrive yourself before he can dispatch you.

North Georgia NGA and Atlanta West ATW are the newest terminals and have some of the best conditions including plenty of room on the yard and doors and dispatchers & staff are real good to help you.

Morristown TN, fairly decent on staff most of the time, yard can get cramped sometimes but overall its ok.

Fayetteville NC, older building with close doors but plenty of room in the yard and its in fair shape. Staff is helpful.

ATL, is a crap shoot. When they are good they're great. Helpful staff, quick dispatch, shop service, etc. When they are bad they really suck. One of their night dispatchers will really stick it to you if you let him. He recently had me wait 45 min, then sent me out to hook empty's for NGA, only to stop me when I just finished hooking the mty set to tell me he was now sending me to GBO and I needed to hook that set. Ended up burning 1 1/2 hrs in ATL. On a 667 mile turn that is a killer. Had to push hard to make it back home in the 14 hrs. On top of that dispatcher did not want to pay me for hooking the mty trailers.

Hickory NC, yard is kind of small but in good shape. Doors have enough room between. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Columbia SC, small yard but in good shape. Worst part of Columbia is turning out onto the road from the terminal. It is in a blind curve with a good amount of traffic in the daytime. Staff is pretty good. Never any real problems.

O.K. lets see how things stand now.
Worst lot to go in..CHI,AMA,ABQ,LYN,AUG.
Best lot...INDY,NGA,ATW,MRT,FAY.
Good,helpful people...ASH,LYN,AUG,ROA,FAY,HKY,COL.
Where not to take your dog....the bathroom in CLT.

As for the best terminals, PAR and MFS should get honorable mentions. PAR is one of my fav places, it's out in bfe, very little traffic, huge yard in good shape, good dispatch, good shop, and fuel pump, and best of all, they always have freight!

My experience with terminals is limited. I have not been to Chicago or Indy. But from the ones I have seen here are some good and bad.

Lynchburg VA, worst lot! Looks like the surface of the moon! Asheville NC is another dirt lot not in the best shape but is way better than LYN. Dispatchers in Asheville some of the best. Lynchburg staff is friendly too. Augusta GA, small dirt lot. You will have a tight fit with two drivers in there at one time. Really bad with three. But their morning dock guy is one of the best. He helped me out one morning in a big way! :1036316054:

Martinsville VA, smallest lot! You can barely get two drivers on the lot at the same time. Roanoke VA is another small yard but not as bad. Good staff, never a problem.

Charlotte NC, doors too close together! If you drop or pick up you almost always have to crawl under the trailer to crank down landing gear. Not enough room otherwise. Also, bathrooms in Charlotte are really bad. Man, someone there should be written up for them. I would not let my dog go in that bathroom. Night dispatcher is rude and useless for any help.

Greensboro NC, has plenty of room to get around and that is a good point. But I always seem to have a hard time finding my trailers. If I start looking in the yard then they are at the doors. If I look at the doors then they are on the yard. Its almost like the switchers play hide and seek with the trailers. One of their night dispatchers has some problems :duh: the poor guy does not even know how to arrive a driver. If the gate does not catch you the dispatcher makes you call IVR to arrive yourself before he can dispatch you.

North Georgia NGA and Atlanta West ATW are the newest terminals and have some of the best conditions including plenty of room on the yard and doors and dispatchers & staff are real good to help you.

Morristown TN, fairly decent on staff most of the time, yard can get cramped sometimes but overall its ok.

Fayetteville NC, older building with close doors but plenty of room in the yard and its in fair shape. Staff is helpful.

ATL, is a crap shoot. When they are good they're great. Helpful staff, quick dispatch, shop service, etc. When they are bad they really suck. One of their night dispatchers will really stick it to you if you let him. He recently had me wait 45 min, then sent me out to hook empty's for NGA, only to stop me when I just finished hooking the mty set to tell me he was now sending me to GBO and I needed to hook that set. Ended up burning 1 1/2 hrs in ATL. On a 667 mile turn that is a killer. Had to push hard to make it back home in the 14 hrs. On top of that dispatcher did not want to pay me for hooking the mty trailers.

Hickory NC, yard is kind of small but in good shape. Doors have enough room between. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Columbia SC, small yard but in good shape. Worst part of Columbia is turning out onto the road from the terminal. It is in a blind curve with a good amount of traffic in the daytime. Staff is pretty good. Never any real problems.
agusta,ga is awful,ever been in there after a rain storm

brooklin sucks mostley its too damn small
jcy...awsome, i get more sleep there than anyother term
buf sucks all the way...to include the nuke crap in the ground. (true by the way) but people are ok

i like jax...nice rooms and comfy and that short girl dispatcher is realy nice...and cute. dont tell her husband who also works there from what i hear...lol
fay is nice but people are less than helpfull

odessa tx is bad after a rain and chico ca sucks term has room for three trailors and there drop yard has more crators than the road into jcy

Was waiting for one of you Eastern boys to talk about Chico! Got to love the open air dock with the gaurd kitties roaming around the weekend. I do like some of the dining options near the hotel.

Was waiting for one of you Eastern boys to talk about Chico! Got to love the open air dock with the gaurd kitties roaming around the weekend. I do like some of the dining options near the hotel.

i never got to visit there motel i always ran rto to chico and down to sac to go to bed and then ran reverse the next day did that for two weeks was sure glad to start heading east after that:biglaugh: