ODFL | Worst Yards/Facilities

OTE="paddletrucker, post: 898803, member: 36005"]Went to NSH for the first time this week. Talk about not enough room in the yard[/QUOTE]
During the summer months its just like ruffian said. The loads will be double stacked. OD owns the yard right next door but is leasing it out. Maybe when the lease is up they will tear the fence down and use it to. Nsh needs it.

Anyone been to DES?, we go in a team truck and can barely pull in, not to mention having to hook sets out side the gate, this place is bad just because there is no room to maneuver due to all the equipment there.

That's what I did, turned LRA then to the hotel. I saw your truck parked at the hotel, with the PAR maintenance sticker. I had a Columbia, 2757073.

Lol. I was at a rest area between JKN and MFS earlier. Just got to MFS. Now, I'm Sitting at MFS waiting on an LRA trailer. Guess I'll go over there, come back here and hit the motel. Home tomorrow, I guess.

I don't know trucker. Imagine sitting in a dark port a potty and the door shut. You hear something outside at a lot that is less than safe and now you cannot see anything and your pants are down? YEA, it might scare the ::::shit:::: out of you. Been to many of those myself.

Well if it scared it out of ya, at least it would expedite the process!!

I saw that Columbia. I thought you'd left already from the post. PAR does about all of our services. Hard to hide, even when all the trucks look the same. Lol

I left somewhere around 10:30 this morning I think...

Yeah you can't hide, especially when folks know what to look for to identify where a truck is from.

In the ten years I've been with Old Dominion many changes have taken place, one of the most noticeable has been the quality of the facilities that we use; In the past some of the terminals and particularly the yards were in horrible condition. A lot of those places have been upgraded or moved(sometimes more than once for some terminals) but I'm guessing some dumps still exist out there. Time to nominate the worst of them. Just about all of the terminals I go to here in the middle of the country have been recently built or upgraded;The only exception is the drop yard at GOK Goodland KS,its usable but very cramped right now while underground fuel tanks are being removed but its supposed to be getting upgraded(we'll see!) Anyway What's your worst?
CHI for one

You know, I just wanted to add a new thought to this thread. I can appreciate the idea behind it, and I participated as well, but I'd also like to suggest how good we have it, not only at OD, but the fact that we're not running OTR. Man, sometimes I hear guys griping at the one terminal I frequent that they've been waiting for 2 hours. I've had to do the same. At least we're not being told that our appointment time is tomorrow, and by the way, you can't park here. We go home weekly, if not every day, and we make very good money. There are some rough terminal yards I've visited, but I'll tell you what, we have it really good! I'll take a cramped yard with potholes any day over making 1/2 the money, being away from home 6 times as much in a month, and all the other hassles that come with most truckload companies, let alone an OTR gig. Yep, now that I think about it, I love some of those crummy OD yards!!!!

I don't know trucker. Imagine sitting in a dark port a potty and the door shut. You hear something outside at a lot that is less than safe and now you cannot see anything and your pants are down? YEA, it might scare the ::::shit:::: out of you. Been to many of those myself.

This is one of the best posts I've read in a while. Literally potty humor.

Yep, fun to gripe, glad of the improvements. Anytime I get toooooo spoiled, remember working twice as hard for half as much. Yep. There are places that need some work, or just a regular cleaning and smack down of the hogs that are nasty. If a terminals restrooms make you gag, EVERY time you enter, it's a management/supervisor not getting the facilities in order, usually because they have their own facilities. CHI, ALWAYS NASTY.

LOL. There's a few bathrooms that smell like the urinal trap hasn't been flushed in a decade. You know those little particles are landing on your tongue, which is why you can smell the odor.

I think that most 'complaining' is because it's a common pastime of drivers. It's a camaraderie of sorts. But I'll tell you what, I love my company, my terminal manager, my job and the brotherhood of drivers at OD. Excuse me now while I take another slug of my green kool-aid. :couch:

YNG new blacktop and concrete. 6 months later,it is all falling apart.... O.D. contractor maybe to blame... waited 6 years for new lot and this happens; PIT same thing.... same contractor...

You're down in my neck of the woods. I spend a lot of time at PAR. Usually start there. This week, I've been bouncing around JKN, MFS, and NSH. Gonna try and get to SPM out of MFS tonight to get home. Lucked out, I think. Been nice down here. Plus, I got some fresh crawfish. Deeeeelishious[emoji1]
d3cb181759255796d829e75786e4647e.jpg