Worth township,PA,RT.322,Semi lost control,hit a tree which ripped down utility lines

"It's a residential area essentially; the speed limit should be lower than 55 through here,” said Zimmerman. “The mountain, which is just behind us a quarter-mile, is really treacherous, curvy and icy. People wreck there all the time."

Maybe CLOSING the road to CMVs might be a improvement??

CK,
With all due respect, I read your posts and many times you hit the nail on the head and sometimes you miss the whole board! The board won this one. I don't believe you have ever been on this stretch of road or you wouldn't have made your last statement.The stretch of US322 between Philipsburg and Port Matilda, about 12 miles, may have 100 houses, farms etc. on a U S highway that goes through and over the Appalachian mountains. It is nothing more than small groups of houses that dot many of the highways of our great country. I have riden and driven that road since the 60"s in big rigs when it was two lane all the way, now there is a good part of four lane on the steepest part of the Mountain. There is no good way to service the population that is on either end of that stretch without going way out of the way, and you still need to go on that stretch to service the businesses that are there. Should we restrict every stretch of highway that gets closed because of a truck wreck? If thats the case I 80 in that central part of pa gets closed more times a year than US 322. I think the cause was driver not familiar and not driving to the degree of his not knowing his whereabouts. Seems to be the problem in many of the articles we read in this thread.

I think the cause was driver not familiar and not driving to the degree of his not knowing his whereabouts. Seems to be the problem in many of the articles we read in this thread.

10-2, 10-4, 10-10.