FedEx Freight | Would You Recommend This Job To a Close Friend?

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Would You Recommend FEDEX FREIGHT To a Close Friend for employment?

Vote!

Better then That, I recommended them to my son.. As with all employers, there are good things and bad things.. In my view the good outweighs the bad here..

I have recommended and helped many get on board.. some have stayed, some have moved on.. regardless of where you work.. the money in this industry is far more than most will ever make doing anything else!

Just as Bear said on a previous FXNL thread.. "I love my job.. I just don't like working for a living."

I did, and FedEx called him a year later, sure hope he didn't wait that long! Oh yeah he went to UPS Freight instead. Made me feel really bad for even wasting my time and his.

I think that the only person I could recommend this job to would be an individual that is single with no family to support. Preferably a young man that is just getting started in this type of business.I've been here for 3 yrs and on the road for 1 and the only way I get to run at all is if someone takes off or the weather is too bad for certain bid drivers to work. Its not a place in my opinion for a guy to start that has a wife and children to take care of. I'm not trying to sound smart but thats my 2 cents.

I think that the only person I could recommend this job to would be an individual that is single with no family to support. Preferably a young man that is just getting started in this type of business.I've been here for 3 yrs and on the road for 1 and the only way I get to run at all is if someone takes off or the weather is too bad for certain bid drivers to work. Its not a place in my opinion for a guy to start that has a wife and children to take care of. I'm not trying to sound smart but thats my 2 cents.

You just picked a bad year to start the road.. Will not be too long before things turn around.. It's not FedEx's fault the economy is the worst in over 20 years... that the housing market has stumbled to a hault... that gas prices are 200% higher than two years ago... that we are in a recession but our government will not admit to it.. and that it's an election year!

I would, best thing i ever did was listen to my old man when said to go up and put in an ap. I hate to think were i might be today if I hadnt

i would also.....i think its funny that people hate it that much here....just turn on your cb and ask other people out there how much money that make,how long there out there on the road and such...i think this is one of the top paying and easier jobs i ever had.

i would also.....i think its funny that people hate it that much here....just turn on your cb and ask other people out there how much money that make,how long there out there on the road and such...i think this is one of the top paying and easier jobs i ever had.

It's not the job, and not so much the pay. (Though we deserve lots more for what we do), it's because of management and the don't bother us with your opinion because we know best sitting behind these desks attitude.

There is a disconnect between labor and managment. And that has come about when our managers no longer manage but sit in front of a computer all day and churn out reports on data that is already in the system.

I just don't think I would recommend a driving job. This line of work is hard on the body weather it's city or linehaul or over the road.You have to be the right breed to do this line of work. It's also hard on the family not being there for family things. But the money is good.:hide:

I vote no. I can't stand dealing with people who are dishonest and untrust worthy. The officers of this company in harrison should be ashamed of themselves. Trust is a basic foundation in any company, but not here at fedex. I would never subject my friends to them.:hide:

the money is ok, average at best. the health care is a joke and the equipment is going down hill fast.it seems as if we really are just numbers now its a real shame.2 years ago i have recomended peolpe to come work here but now i would never.i know i don't have to stay i am free to leave at anytime and trust me i have been thinking about it more and more lately but there is just nothing else out there right now.if i was offered a job with the same pay maybe a litttle less and better bennnies i would take it.from what i have seen fedex freight east has no loyalty to its workers so i have no loyalty to fedex.

that's why i'm in the process of going somewhere else.if you is way on top in senority this is a beautiful plce to work for.other than that fedex sucks!!i been here 5yrs still on the bottom.had a decent bid going from fed to rch 434 a nite,that was deleted and made xtra bd.now i barely work.fedex is a joke!!!

I wouldn't recommend this mickey mouse company to my worst enemy. I came from AUR in east transfered to west all P&D. 5yrs I've put up with walking on eggshells, you get written up for blinking wrong, and they have unrealistic expectations for P&D drivers, I can't wait to get out. Thank God I have other skills cause I'm outta trucking hopefully soon. This is by far the worst company I've worked for. Money and benies aren't everything.

that's why i'm in the process of going somewhere else.if you is way on top in senority this is a beautiful plce to work for.other than that fedex sucks!!i been here 5yrs still on the bottom.had a decent bid going from fed to rch 434 a nite,that was deleted and made xtra bd.now i barely work.fedex is a joke!!!

i beg to differ i must correct you here at my center the @$$ kiss list out bids senority everytime.senority at my center is like t.p. you can wipe your @$$ with it because thats all its worth

Welcome to the boards Fedtrapt.
Please tell the others in your barn about us here.

Thanks / Smokestack for President 2008