FedEx Freight | Would you take it?

cch6874

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering how many of you out there would take a buy out if the company offered you one?What do think a reasonable offer would be?I have been here 20 yes a d wish they would buy me out plus year of insurance. Just asking.

The last 2 buyouts have been 1 week pay (40 hour week, hourly pay) for each year of service. Not really worth it.

Guardrail

3000 per yr ins for 1 month and I would give up my 15 plus yrs of nights and cold ass dock work for another job!! I am just saying there is more to life than this!!

Supplemental wages of more than $1 million
If your total annual supplemental wages are greater than $1 million, your employer must withhold tax on the amount over $1 million at the highest rate of income tax allowed by federal law (currently 35%

This is from Turbo Tax web site. I'm guessing under a million would be a lesser tax rate

I brought this to our HR's attention. We get a paper every year showing what our hourly rate is for vacation pay. Where they average out your pay...blah, blah...and so on.
Any how I asked him IF the company were to offer this again why isn't it figured on that instead of the hourly rate?:stirthepot: And why only a forty hour week( I have yet to see a road driver work ONLY a forty hour week ). I have yet to get an answer.:nono_h4h:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few road drivers getting around 40 hours a week. It happens in the 3 days they are lucky to work.

Guardrail

Not in a million years. I have too many years left to work. I don't know what I would do besides trucking and there are not an over abundance of jobs in the industry that match up to here.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2