ABF | Would you?

Why should or would we? We are already amongst the safest trucking companies out there.
So call it whatever you want....at the end of the year the company is looking at 2500 per employee jackpot. (Stoneys figure). So tell me is the company gonna see that pile of cash and think how nice it was for the employees to let us use it all year for cash flow...or look for away to get into it?

So call it whatever you want....at the end of the year the company is looking at 2500 per employee jackpot. (Stoneys figure). So tell me is the company gonna see that pile of cash and think how nice it was for the employees to let us use it all year for cash flow...or look for away to get into it?

I'm not saying I agree with the idea, just discussing it.

I see your concern, and a valid one too. But isn't that why we have a contract? I'll be more willing to trust this plan with a union contract, then no contract. It will be against the contract and law to dip into those funds.

Let's say the payout is every Dec 1st. From Dec 2nd to Nov 31 we see the fund grow every week on our pay-stub.

Again, I'm not saying I like idea or not. Just discussing the options.

I'm not saying I agree with the idea, just discussing it.

I see your concern, and a valid one too. But isn't that why we have a contract? I'll be more willing to trust this plan with a union contract, then no contract. It will be against the contract and law to dip into those funds.

Let's say the payout is every Dec 1st. From Dec 2nd to Nov 31 we see the fund grow every week on our pay-stub.

Again, I'm not saying I like idea or not. Just discussing the options.
On the surface it looked good in our case too. And it was in our Union Contract. In the end I ended up with half of what I was entitled to. And I had already earned it per our contract. My experience is it did not work....at least for the employees. If you trust your company and your Brothers completely then nothing to worry about......And just for fun......what if your not with the company Dec 1 for any number of reasons?

On the surface it looked good in our case too. And it was in our Union Contract. In the end I ended up with half of what I was entitled to. And I had already earned it per our contract. My experience is it did not work....at least for the employees. If you trust your company and your Brothers completely then nothing to worry about......And just for fun......what if your not with the company Dec 1 for any number of reasons?

Big difference, YRCW already knew what they were going to do, and again teamsters representatives did not inform the members everything, they just wanted to get their agenda passed by not telling the members of the consequences. As for what would happen on Dec 1, you will get paid all money due to you till your last day worked so the company will not to keep any money that has been earned by employee.

Why should or would we? We are already amongst the safest trucking companies out there.
That post was in response to wolf's post. He said he once agreed to a bonus based on safety incentives. I said this would be nothing like that program. This would be a earned income not a bonus.

They will have no choice but to pay us. You need to read a few laws wolf. As for them paying us why haven't you ever said how they pay our unused sick days that we don't take. They have never tried to keep that money now have they. No if it is contractual it will be covered as to when they are to pay us. YOUR TEACHING BROTHER ALWAYS!

Maybe you have been retired too long. We have provisions in our contract that covers departures from your employment. We must be paid all monies upon our TERMINATION or in the next pay period if you resign. So that throws that out the window now doesn't it. Maybe you should read the NMFA it has many things in it. YOUR TEACHING BROTHER ALWAYS!

wolf what company did you work for and what contract are you speaking of. I will get a copy of that contract and see what you are talking about. What local are you accusing of not getting your monies that were due you. I will contact them and ask about that contract. What year did that happen in? YOUR WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU BROTHER ALWAYS!

Big difference, YRCW already knew what they were going to do, and again teamsters representatives did not inform the members everything, they just wanted to get their agenda passed by not telling the members of the consequences. As for what would happen on Dec 1, you will get paid all money due to you till your last day worked so the company will not to keep any money that has been earned by employee.
I am glad to see that you and Stoney see the reasoning for thinking outside the box. BEWARE OF THE HATERS! YOUR WATCHING MY BACK BROTHER ALWAYS!

My career expanded way beyond YRC, so I have many experiences to draw on.

My career expanded way beyond YRC, so I have many experiences to draw on.
Again the company name and the date and the local number. I will do the research and report back to my Brothers. YOUR WAITING FOR THE INFORMATION BROTHER ALWAYS!

That post was in response to wolf's post. He said he once agreed to a bonus based on safety incentives. I said this would be nothing like that program. This would be a earned income not a bonus.
Prove that one Muler.

Was this your post?

It never ceases to amaze me what will pass when people believe there job is on the line. And I never look at them in shame for it.
Our jobs are not on the line. You are mistaken. We are thinking about contract ideas. You are not. We will decide this time around not you. And to tell you the truth I kind of like it this way. YOUR DECIDING MY OWN FUTURE BROTHER ALWAYS!

Again the company name and the date and the local number. I will do the research and report back to my Brothers. YOUR WAITING FOR THE INFORMATION BROTHER ALWAYS!
90?-92? Leeseway......If your really interested I will give the long story.....If you just looking for argument ignore my first post on the subject. We all know that if a view comes from someone besides yourself it is worthless.

Yes....tell me where it says I think it a good idea?
I ask you for the company name the date of the contract and the local that you were in. Now that will be enough for me to get to the bottom of your post that you were taken for money due to a lack of contract enforcement. Did you file a grievance or Labor Board charges against that contract violation and the Duty of Fair Representation? I'm Just Saying. YOUR STILL WAITING FOR THE INFORMATION BROTHER ALWAYS!

Our jobs are not on the line. You are mistaken. We are thinking about contract ideas. You are not. We will decide this time around not you. And to tell you the truth I kind of like it this way. YOUR DECIDING MY OWN FUTURE BROTHER ALWAYS!
So what? I posted "My Truth" You can explain yours....or not.

I ask you for the company name the date of the contract and the local that you were in. Now that will be enough for me to get to the bottom of your post that you were taken for money due to a lack of contract enforcement. Did you file a grievance or Labor Board charges against that contract violation and the Duty of Fair Representation? I'm Just Saying. YOUR STILL WAITING FOR THE INFORMATION BROTHER ALWAYS!
You makeing things up now Muler....I never said lack of contract enforcement. I've posted the Name....the year the best of my recollection. Thats all your gonna get in open forum and I will not trust PM with you....Sorry