Wounded Warrior’ Charity Fights—To Get Rich

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...o-waste-your-cash.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

The Wounded Warrior Project’s CEO wants charity execs to get a big-league salary without worries about high overhead—and he’s not shy about selling donor info.
    Traditionally, charities are supposed to keep their costs down and give the vast majority of their funds to the needy. Steven Nardizzi—CEO of the Wounded Warrior Project, a veterans charity—has another idea: that philanthropies should be allowed to have king-sized fundraising costs and huge salaries for executives.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I wonder if celebrities like Tracie Atkins 'say a prayer for me" feels like he just got used and the Academy of Country music.
    I would be pissed, maybe he is, would like to hear what he has to think about it.

2. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Charity Navigator gives the Wounded Warrior Project an overall rating of three out of four stars, with only two stars for its finances. Charity Watch gave the nonprofit a C+ rating.

Sounds like about a middle of the road charity.What a shame,its a very good cause.

3. Magoo

Yes read that article the ceo is a arrogant :censored:. Read some of the comments to the story. One puts up some numbers 57% of the money is spent on the Veterans. That number could be fudged too, who knows if they direct spending to certain vendors.

4. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

They're working hard to reach the 15% the Clinton Foundation spends on charitable work.

5. Magoo

If you have proof the Clintons profit from that fund please share
    I would like to know
    I assumed the money was spent on projects in impoverished nations
    I don't care for swindlers no matter who they are.

6. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Well......nah......forget it, I'm bored with the "you gore my ox, I'll gore yours" game. Carry on Magoo.

7. Magoo

OK if it's too much a bother for you
    I"ll understand.

I really don't care how much they bring into the funds. I want to know are they taking a cut.
    There are people who work for charities I understand they do need to eat and house themselves,
    But the Clintons don't need that kind of income.
    Although you could say they did need money when they left the White House, speech fees and book deals took care of that
    So if you can establish they they a cut then you really got something that may interest the public.
    Don't know that there is such but I would like to know if there was.

8. HILLBILLY

HILLBILLY Well-Known Member

Wounded Warrior is a victim of its success. They have become like all the other large non-profit in the fact that most of the donations go into the pockets of the top leadership. It started out great but they kept expanding their focus and services so they had to go mainstream.

Magoo likes this.
  9. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I know fiscal year 2016, they are going to try and spend less.

[​IMG]

the reality is the Clinton Foundation is nothing more than a bank for Bill and Hilly to wash the millions upon millions in bribes that they have taken.
    I heard the Bonanno, Columbo, Gambino, Genovese and Lucchese's have all started foundations based on the Clinton model sad part is they would probably do more charitable work than the Clintons, you know as long as it was in the neighborhood.