FedEx Freight | Wow, another "freight" company...

I might be wrong but, Meridian IQ was rebranded YRC logistics, then sold to GreatWide. Thus, YRCW doesn't own that subsiderary anymore.

Well im sure im gonna catch hell for this but is it to much to hope for a better future then those of the past and also hope no one else ends up out of a job? The past is the past we cant change it, dont have to like it but it is what is.

Well, that's kinda right, but in '99 what was then known as CF Motor Freight was spun off from the parent company known as CNF which owned CF, the Con-ways and Emery Worldwide. When CF went tits up in '02 they were on their own. The parent company saw the writing on the wall and cut them adrift to sink or swim on their own. CNF is now known as Con-way, Inc.

Again, i just can't thank you enough for clearing this all up for everybody. With facts, i might add..from a book.

Again, i just can't thank you enough for clearing this all up for everybody. With facts, i might add..from a book.

Wow, so Fing sorry to be old enough to have lived all that history. Just last month I finally sold my TransCon stock.
Didn't need a book for my info was there, did it but the rat bastards got bought out by PIE before I got my t-shirt.

And then there was "West-Ex", YRC's last unsuccessful attempt at creating it's very own "Con Way"..that didn't last long either.

And what book is that? The company issued "conway, we didn't bleed a good union outfit to get going" book? They can say anything they want to make themselves and you feel good, but you can't change history. Did they serve the kool-aid on the rocks?

Con-way Inc. traces its history to Leland James, who, in 1929, founded a small regional trucking company in Portland, Oregon, named Consolidated Truck Lines. The company enjoyed great success through expansion and acquisition, and was later renamed Consolidated Freightways (CF).

James’ company would experience a number of changes over the course of time, including when, in 1983, the corporation known as Con-way Transportation Services was founded. Con-way was created to provide nonunion, regional short-haul service in markets where CF wasn’t actively selling its services. The regional companies Con-way Central Express (CCX), Con-way Western Express (CWX) and Con-way Eastern Express (CEX) were established as part of this strategy.

True to some respect. But Con Way Eastern was a unionized carrier, derived from the old Penn Yan Express.

Didn't West-Ex become Saia?

In January 2001, sister companies, Action Express and WestEx were integrated into Saia under the company's brand name, expanding direct coverage into 21 states with more than 100 terminals and over 5,000 employees.

In January 2001, sister companies, Action Express and WestEx were integrated into Saia under the company's brand name, expanding direct coverage into 21 states with more than 100 terminals and over 5,000 employees.

Huh, now I never knew that.
I remember the first time I past a Saia truck and I saw some writing on the hood.
All I saw was 'We Car' and I thought...what? Then I finally saw it all...'We Care, We Share'

Do they even still have that on their trucks anymore? I've not seen one in a good while.

I remember the first time I past a Saia truck and I saw some writing on the hood.
All I saw was 'We Car' and I thought...what? Then I finally saw it all...'We Care, We Share'

Do they even still have that on their trucks anymore? I've not seen one in a good while.

Cant say about the writing, but see a lot of there trucks around the Chicago area.

I don't know. I've been practicing for my e-logs, going 54mph. Those Saia trucks go by too fast to read anything except the name on the back of the trailer.

Why are you guys screwin' With SAIA. I think their equipment is pretty sharp looking and from what I know, they used to be a pretty great family business to work for

Con-way Inc. traces its history to Leland James, who, in 1929, founded a small regional trucking company in Portland, Oregon, named Consolidated Truck Lines. The company enjoyed great success through expansion and acquisition, and was later renamed Consolidated Freightways (CF).

James’ company would experience a number of changes over the course of time, including when, in 1983, the corporation known as Con-way Transportation Services was founded. Con-way was created to provide nonunion, regional short-haul service in markets where CF wasn’t actively selling its services. The regional companies Con-way Central Express (CCX), Con-way Western Express (CWX) and Con-way Eastern Express (CEX) were established as part of this strategy.

anybody remeber Conway Eastern express ??? yes there was a division b/4 conway central exp in the Nort East. Con way had bought Penn Yan exp and renamed it Conway Eastern exp. It was Union and failed. They closed it down and stayed out of the north east for a while till they expanded conway central into the nort east.