FedEx Freight | Wow, another "freight" company...

With all the cuttin' and pastin' going on, maybe the rest of us show read the Wikipedia article on the history of Roadway Express. Quite a good piece not only about the company but the history of the industry as well. Very interesting facts about the reason for regulation and later deregulation.

I stand @ could be corrected...

Saia has something to do with Louisiana I understand.

For starting this post with "another Freight company", I was looking at it- as another name on a trailer. As for the CF story, now probably YRC's, I didn't know the full story, and should not have given my opinion. :o I worked at Emery for a stint, and Conway (CCX) had something to do with it, they hauled our city freight to Dayton, OH, to the airport. CF's name was on some of our trucks, as Emery- a CF company- later named Emery- a CNF company. I now understand UPS owns them- called Menlo Logistics, I could be wrong.

Emery had a few accidents and lost their air cargo status I believe too. I can't believe UPS would need Emery for their air freight customers.

Could YRC be trying to get out of the union?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unionjoe which terminal were you out of? I worked out of Fond du lac extra board and a St louis 3 and 2

Unionjoe which terminal were you out of? I worked out of Fond du lac extra board and a St louis 3 and 2
I worked in St joseph, Mo. from 1991 till close. I did city driving and would run to Omaha or Des moines at least once A week. I worked for Yellow for 10 years and now Fed Ex for the past 2. Nothing against Yellow or FedEx but Crouse was the best job I ever had!!

Also AF was bought and eventually merged with Fedex (west) to give Fedex 48 state coverage in the LTL bidness.

The only thing is that FedEx Freight was not formed from Viking and then brought AF in,FedEx Freight was formed after FedEx bought AF.It was then that they formed FedEX Freight East and west and eventually merged together to create FedEx Freight.