FedEx Freight | Wow can we use a new truck,or 2!!!

BorisDaSpider

TB Lurker
Credits
This is really starting to suck,,Im doing a PD in a over the road freightliner,I can stand up in this peice of crap!! This is really getting old,theres two of us using 2 POS trucks to do local work in,and theres no end in site! I aint picky,Ive been a O/O for Watkins for 9 years,They bought my truck,It took a crap,and they wont put any money in it,So they just stuck me in another O/O truck,And that A-Hole is driving a new Volvo. I have to drive his POS truck,While he gets a Volvo daycab! hes been here for about 2 years. Someone just not like me....

The word is that all those 700 new trucks (500 FedEx Freight repaints and 200 new trucks) are going into the fleet to replace rental P&D trucks and other old trucks like that.

I'd say we have something like 10-15 in Dallas that need to be replaced.

There's like 6 or so repainted FXF now National Volvo daycabs waiting behind the shop in STL, maybe more haven't counted them recently.
Not sure what they are waiting on, maybe the first of the year??

FM

my gosh there must be 10-15 of them in pos behind the shop hell they are all mixed in with the new tractors not put into seervice yet

the 200 new volvos are going out west...they said in The Dispatcher paper that they are to replace all the O/O's they lost with the transfer on Sep. 4th...thats where they took the biggest hit in employees lost because the majority of the employees were O/O's who went elsewhere...so those of us on the eastcoast and midwest won't see a new truck. just a refurbished FXF truck

LMAO...yeah i don't blame you...i know here in CHS terminal i'd hate like heck to have your truck in downtown...that would not make for a very good day

They have been pretty good to me about it,,there trying to keep me in the pickers with that rig But sometimes it does happen,having to go to a urban area With the big '53 no doubt! Im just hangin in there,Atleast im paid by the hour! :funky:

NOTICE-all the reclassed volvo are waiting on licence plate's and new permit's out of Harrison ARK.that's what ive been told by the mechanic's out of DAYTON OH,be patient guy's Harrison ( HRO ) is not quick in doing thing's but when there done there's usally no problem's.

Dude the volvos are at 700,00 to 1,000,000 +, with fuel leaks, air leaks, coolant leaks,
front ends that shake the wheel out of your hands getting on the highway. worn out fith wheel jaws that need rebuilds. and am/fm only that have worn out knobs, buttons, and speakers, after almost ten years on the road

Dude the volvos are at 700,00 to 1,000,000 +, with fuel leaks, air leaks, coolant leaks,
front ends that shake the wheel out of your hands getting on the highway. worn out fith wheel jaws that need rebuilds. and am/fm only that have worn out knobs, buttons, and speakers, after almost ten years on the road
At Charlotte FXF , the shop will fix those problems if the driver will take the time to write it up..The Volvos at CLT with a million miles or more are in good shape..I would hope that they go over the tractors when they turn them into National LTL units and fix the problems that Freight drivers were too busy to get checked out. Keep writing them up if they have problems. The front end shaking might just be mismatched, out of round steer tires.Good luck.

The DLS shop will fix the problems also if the trucks get written up. But our shop is kept busy with the crap that they got dumped on them when FDX bought all the O/O junk.:smilie_132:

Yeah, I do not know why they bought those sight unseen. Are they even worth maintaining? Sell them for scrap and hit the tote the note truck lot for some cash discount deals on white day cabs.

I don't know about your info dlscontractor, the tractor,s down in dayton that are being sold to National have had alot of work done to them, even something as little as a dash board light has been fixed. By the way most of the unit,s are 2000, 2001 model's and have around 550,000 to 650,000 miles.

The DLS shop will fix the problems also if the trucks get written up. But our shop is kept busy with the crap that they got dumped on them when FDX bought all the O/O junk.:smilie_132:

I don't no about what you have seen. But the Volvos that are going to FDXN out of cgt have less then 400,000 on them and they are even putting new rubber on them. Allot of FDXF drivers are driving trucks with more then 400,000 on them.:duh:

What I Heard Is That National Was Getting The Red Volvo From Freight And All The New Trucks Would Be Spreaded Out Where Freight Need"s Them........