Holland | Wow it is quiet on here!

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
Has this pension thing knocked the spunk right out of everybody? Somebody needs to start a rumor or something, let's get the blood boiling and the name calling going. We have to be able to come up with something better than ghosts to talk about. Just make something up even, like XPO is buying us or something....no wait that one is taken. By the way has anybody noticed how upbeat the Conway guys are about being bought out. I am guessing that not very many of them have gone through this before it sure never ends well for the drivers, but I suppose this could be a first.

Has this pension thing knocked the spunk right out of everybody? Somebody needs to start a rumor or something, let's get the blood boiling and the name calling going. We have to be able to come up with something better than ghosts to talk about. Just make something up even, like XPO is buying us or something....no wait that one is taken. By the way has anybody noticed how upbeat the Conway guys are about being bought out. I am guessing that not very many of them have gone through this before it sure never ends well for the drivers, but I suppose this could be a first.
How about answering my question about the pallet jacks lol and I'll start a rumor

I am guessing that not very many of them have gone through this before it sure never ends well for the drivers, but I suppose this could be a first.
I agree but I'm not going to go rain on their parade. I have heard of one (1) company that was bought out and things actually got better. If that's what happens there I'll be happy for them and hope it becomes the next trend.

I agree but I'm not going to go rain on their parade. I have heard of one (1) company that was bought out and things actually got better. If that's what happens there I'll be happy for them and hope it becomes the next trend.
I wish them the best....you never know when I'll need a job bad and be knocking on their door! Maybe they will vote the union in and I will be running over to their barn soon!

I heard you guys will be wearing brown after the first of the year.
This reminds me of a joke I heard. ...

Ship is sailing the oceans.

A pirate ship appears on the horizon. The captain says "Men, bring me my red shirt!" The first mate fetches the shirt and the captain successfully leads an attack on the pirates that sinks their ship.

One of the sailors asked the captain "Why do you wear a red shirt in battle?" The captain responded "because if I am wounded, you will not see blood and will continue to fight as if nothing is amiss." The crew was astounded at the bravery of the captain.

Later, twenty pirate ships appeared on the horizon. The men looked to the captain, waiting for the request that brought everyone so much strength. The captain looked at the horizon and said, "Men, bring me my brown pants!"

This not a rumor. Even though it's hard to believe. We had career day at Memphid today and the office was packed with hopeful applicants. TM going to Mn and ops man going to LI To fill terminal managers openings.

okay lets start a conversation did anybody read there teamster mag that you just got in the mail on the second page our good old Hoffa says he wants to secure our pensions what a hoot he must be a real moron for even putting that in the mag after just having our pensions cut up and shoved up our ying yangs we really need to vote him and his other butthead hall outta there lets show them who is there boss also that so called butt kisser Tyson Johnson it's time for him to go to I would be ashamed to put in there that he worked for yellow on the dock years ago and then help **** our pension money well this ought to get a few of you guys stirred up let's show some solidarity by voting them all out

This not a rumor. Even though it's hard to believe. We had career day at Memphid today and the office was packed with hopeful applicants. TM going to Mn and ops man going to LI To fill terminal managers openings.
Have heard he is coming to LI... Supposedly gonna be a hard a** and whip drivers into shape... Good luck with that.. LI fought the Sow 7 years and won and sending the piglet to RO where hopefully they won't hurt his feelings.

Your right 5trolls, it is quiet on all the teamsters forums. The news of the pension cuts have sent many to the nursing homes and the rest to the bottle shops to consider what to do. I have just been reading some of the comments to the U.S. Treasury if you want to feel better, then read some of them and you will not feel so bad about your cuts if you have been planning for this day to come. I have been fighting this cut for a year and a half now for people who could not manage to save for this cut. I had no idea of the many different reasons one could not save for this day. Many of us will be just fine or just get along, we will all be unhappy about the cuts. Thank God you are not in the sad place some of our brothers are. Life Happens and we cannot predict it.

on the second page our good old Hoffa says he wants to secure our pensions
It's election season for them coming up so we're going to see all kinds of smoke and mirrors about how great he is and what all he is doing and has done for us. Those of us who don't live with our heads in the sand though it won't work.

okay lets start a conversation did anybody read there teamster mag that you just got in the mail on the second page our good old Hoffa says he wants to secure our pensions what a hoot he must be a real moron for even putting that in the mag after just having our pensions cut up and shoved up our ying yangs we really need to vote him and his other butthead hall outta there lets show them who is there boss also that so called butt kisser Tyson Johnson it's time for him to go to I would be ashamed to put in there that he worked for yellow on the dock years ago and then help **** our pension money well this ought to get a few of you guys stirred up let's show some solidarity by voting them all out
This is a serious question, don't you think that even if every truck driving teamster voted him out he would still get enough support from all the other professions to win reelection, or am I over estimating how many non truck driving teamsters there are? I have no idea what the numbers are?

This is a serious question, don't you think that even if every truck driving teamster voted him out he would still get enough support from all the other professions to win reelection, or am I over estimating how many non truck driving teamsters there are? I have no idea what the numbers are?
I believe that you are correct and I believe that if is was not the case Hoffa would have been retired after the last election.