Holland | Wow it is quiet on here!

Changing the subject do they have sheets up at your barns for guys wanting to take days off next week without pay? It sure does seem busy for that, I know we had a large stack of loads with no power under them Friday night and I heard our man behind the window calling guys to go out
Sunday night. Maybe they are afraid we might have a week where everything is loaded and delivered on time, we wouldn't want that.

Holland only ltl hiring in my area.

Holland only ltl hiring in my area.
I'll tell you this, we are doing cc's Tuesday thru Thursday up to a wooping 20 men last Wednesday, not to mention we miss a bunch of pickups and bring back frt because dispatch has to cut drivers off to make pu's. Also putting several IB loads on fence because to short handed to break all the loads. I don't know what's going on. Panic has set in or trying to not layoff anyone.

Have heard he is coming to LI... Supposedly gonna be a hard a** and whip drivers into shape... Good luck with that.. LI fought the Sow 7 years and won and sending the piglet to RO where hopefully they won't hurt his feelings.
Thank you ME brother for showing this post to the new LI terminal manager. It went a long way to clearing up any misconceptions. He made mention of it this a.m.to a driver here.

Thank you ME brother for showing this post to the new LI terminal manager. It went a long way to clearing up any misconceptions. He made mention of it this a.m.to a driver here.
I really don't know how to take your post. If I f'd up anyone in Li it was not my intent. I basically let him know he had a lot to learn about managing experienced teamsters.

I really don't know how to take your post. If I f'd up anyone in Li it was not my intent. I basically let him know he had a lot to learn about managing experienced teamsters.
Honeymoon is over. Forcing re-bid without knowing operations. Typical power play set up by higher ups .Company wanted to get together with stewards, BA, labor man etc. for sit down. Didn't happen. So can only assume he's not serious about working with union and drivers. Hope he enjoyed it. ..

I heard they laid off 40 road drivers last Thursday mainly from a few of the large barns, anybody know any details?

Typical of Me. They bid anytime some one went out on WC or if the freight volume changed. Sometimes rebid's twice a month. Watch out for the 4 10's with Tuesday or Wednesday off.

Terminal managers are under alot of pressure right now to make the numbers look good and with managers leaving & not able to hire new ones , changes are going to happen !!!

Typical of Me. They bid anytime some one went out on WC or if the freight volume changed. Sometimes rebid's twice a month. Watch out for the 4 10's with Tuesday or Wednesday off.
We used to have a circus clown that did that also. Constantly rebidding...........we filed grievances on it every time, but it still kept happening.

Our contract called for semi annual and/or as business warrants.
Yep. So did ours. But there was a time when he would rebid every couple months. We heard every excuse in the book......new comp. claims, slow down in business, tried implementing 4-10 hour shifts...........

Wow it is quiet on here!

Geez......I wonder why? So desperate to add "*****" into the statement that it didn't even make sense.

[wtfteamster]Whats up with the OD picture?? You still work for OD?? Or maybe just a ***** for teamsters, like most OD sweethearts who are turning tricks for people like "Mr. Jacobs" over at XPO.