TForce | Wow just shove it in our face!!!!

Not sure where we are seeing different things here.....The way I unserstand it is that they can use contractors to cover runs that are over flow for peak PERIOD (wouldn't want to make the mistake of using a word that means the same damn thing) as to not move drivers....That makes sense.....But the paragraph before is very explicit about how they can not use any contractors to avoid adding or use to replace....If we sit on our hands like you are suggesting....We wont have jobs to fight for...You think that NMFA has all those paragraphs after the same paragraphs we have because they just put them in without grievances and a fight??????...I know what it says but I sure as hell am not going to just give them the benefit of the doubt.....Stand up grow a pair.....The lines are meant to be read between and too many are afraid or don't have the fortitude to challenge it....

The contract gives the company the right to cut runs if it is pulling empties back to the origin service center.

The biggest cost for the company is running empties. Not just on salary, but the fuel prices. Get used to it, the only road runs will be round trips. The days of running empties is coming to an end.

The biggest cost for the company is running empties. Not just on salary, but the fuel prices. Get used to it, the only road runs will be round trips. The days of running empties is coming to an end.

Thats all well and good, but a big percentage of empties would be eliminated if they would put the freight on our trailers instead of on a long box contractor. When you see CRST, Hills Bros. Interstate. and others getting to the yard with freight that was on the lane you just came in off of, and you had an MT back box, and when you look in the contract trailer and see it floor loaded with not even enough freight to fill a pup, then something is way wrong and the union had better step up and show us just what kind of balls it really has, or there will be a LOT more drivers pushing to decertify. And those of you who wring their hands and say "oh no, that means strike" are showing how much balls you have.

WOW good catch glad your here to keep me straight.....Season.....Period.......So different ...Thanks again....

Here is the catch. Who dictates what is PEAK period? I do not think it is the union. Also, Who dictates how long that PEAK period is. Again, not the union. When you can learn to read this contract with a management's ( and I do not mean the first 10 managers above you) point of view, you will see it in a whole new light. And the light is not very bright for the employee's. But it is a base and something to work on in 5 yrs.

Thats all well and good, but a big percentage of empties would be eliminated if they would put the freight on our trailers instead of on a long box contractor. When you see CRST, Hills Bros. Interstate. and others getting to the yard with freight that was on the lane you just came in off of, and you had an MT back box, and when you look in the contract trailer and see it floor loaded with not even enough freight to fill a pup, then something is way wrong and the union had better step up and show us just what kind of balls it really has, or there will be a LOT more drivers pushing to decertify. And those of you who wring their hands and say "oh no, that means strike" are showing how much balls you have.

A de-cert is an empty threat. This is a national contract. The balls is filing the grievances and fighting your local management. Only you can do that.

A de-cert is an empty threat. This is a national contract. The balls is filing the grievances and fighting your local management. Only you can do that.

I couldn't agree more. I have no problem calling management out. It's rather fun. It's even better when they pay.:1036316054:

Management isnt the issue at our barn, and neither is the contractors personally, but it needs to be stopped,"nationally". When I have friends 500 miles away that sit while freight they should have is put on a **** contractor when it could have been behind one of their trucks, trhen yes it pisses me off. And when the union does nothing its even worse. And its only an empty threat if there are not enough drivers willing to stand up and do it.

Yes! I shouldn't be so quick to talk about decertify. It is going to take some time to learn the whole process. I just get irritated at UPS and the union. Just the whole mess in general. I'm ready to retire.:1036316054::biglaugh:

hang in there man. i have been a teamster for 25 years now and there will always be battles that you will lose but you will win the war.....i love knowing that i cant be fired because "they" dont like me or like the way i look.....if anything "they" are fired.....:hysterical:.....we are the union.....the union hall is a base where we all meet to discuss how to handle these issues.....tell all of your brothers at your barn to get involved and become educated on how to handle any issue........if the company is in vilolation of the contract hold them to it by filing,filing,filing...trust me on this one....nuff said.......:smilie_132:

Here is the catch. Who dictates what is PEAK period? I do not think it is the union. Also, Who dictates how long that PEAK period is. Again, not the union. When you can learn to read this contract with a management's ( and I do not mean the first 10 managers above you) point of view, you will see it in a whole new light. And the light is not very bright for the employee's. But it is a base and something to work on in 5 yrs.

Yes but we will force the issue of when and how long by being constant in watching what they do and filing over it even if it does seem to be in their favor. I don''t see where it says a word about empties and the use of contractors......Between the lines or what?????....And I will never see it or try to see it thru the eyes of the company or a manager.....Unity and pushing as a whole is the only way it will get better for us....And improve on the next contract.....They may tell you it says that but if we stay on top of it and show them how this is being abused and in the end costing them more money thru keeping track of trailer numbers and pro numbers....Those don't lie....If it is needed to save money in a realistic way...I really don't have a problem with that....As long as EVERY man woman and child here are working....But what I see and read here is people who are unwilling to fight for their job as well as their brother or sisters job....People are more worried about keeping their beards or wether they can get out of wearing safety shoes then the reality of losing their job....All I am saying is that it doesn't matter if they tell us it means this or that ....Take action anyway....If not than why did you sign a card or stay here?????

hang in there man. i have been a teamster for 25 years now and there will always be battles that you will lose but you will win the war.....i love knowing that i cant be fired because "they" dont like me or like the way i look.....if anything "they" are fired.....:hysterical:.....we are the union.....the union hall is a base where we all meet to discuss how to handle these issues.....tell all of your brothers at your barn to get involved and become educated on how to handle any issue........if the company is in vilolation of the contract hold them to it by filing,filing,filing...trust me on this one....nuff said.......:smilie_132:

I think you need to repeat this a few more times....

Yes but we will force the issue of when and how long by being constant in watching what they do and filing over it even if it does seem to be in their favor. I don''t see where it says a word about empties and the use of contractors......Between the lines or what?????....

2358237541_1e1cf18e2d_o.jpg

I bet if a manager scratched overnites belly he would roll over and shake his leg and ask what he can do for them.

That's good to hear. I wasn't trying to single you out. There are company guys and there are union guys. I'd hope that the guys we elect as stewards are good union guys, not company guys. Thanks for the clarification.

I have a very strong dislike (hatred) for UPS. Not the drivers. I think that is pretty good qualifications to be shop Stewart. :biglaugh:

Skeeter, you need to file on this article when it is violated. It will help your brothers down south. TE out....

We have contractors coming from down south pulling OUR pups to Portland. There was one that dropped and picked in Fresno and the Sacramento before continuing to Portland. This is happening a lot and going south out of Portland also. This garbage of a company laid all our Fresno and Medford drivers off. The put on 3 or so teams and the bulk of it is now contract. By the way UPS are champs on this and the contract permits it. So all I can say is the higher seniority drivers that are left will have a crappy run. The lower seniority drivers better do like so many have already done up north. Quit and go to Estes, Saia, OD companies they can make a decent living with.:1036316054::hide:

We lost 4 or 5 people to Estes this month...

We have contractors coming from down south pulling OUR pups to Portland. There was one that dropped and picked in Fresno and the Sacramento before continuing to Portland. This is happening a lot and going south out of Portland also. This garbage of a company laid all our Fresno and Medford drivers off. The put on 3 or so teams and the bulk of it is now contract. By the way UPS are champs on this and the contract permits it. So all I can say is the higher seniority drivers that are left will have a crappy run. The lower seniority drivers better do like so many have already done up north. Quit and go to Estes, Saia, OD companies they can make a decent living with.:1036316054::hide:

I agree! This company is losing quality drivers because UPGF set a new standard when they did layoffs this year. Job security is being depleted. Word is out now and this Co. is gong to have hell of a time finding anyone to hire if needed. The NMFA is a strong enough contract that people would be willing to accept and deal with seasonal layoffs and part time work. We, on the other hand, do not have an appealing enough contract and people will not want to stick it out through layoffs, and thus, will not even apply. I refuse to believe that because we will be the highest paid in the industry in 5yrs, that we will be flooded with applicants. There is alot more than being the highest paid that this contract does not contain.

Well Skeeter, for what ever reasons you have you are the steward now so you either need to step up and file on contract violations or pass the torch. If all you want to do is retire dont let the ship go down and all your brothers struggle while you jump in the life raft of glorious retirement!! ( thats jealousy talkin there):biglaugh:

Well Skeeter, for what ever reasons you have you are the steward now so you either need to step up and file on contract violations or pass the torch. If all you want to do is retire dont let the ship go down and all your brothers struggle while you jump in the life raft of glorious retirement!! ( thats jealousy talkin there):biglaugh:

Don't worry Bro. If I start feeling like that I will pass torch. But nobody else wants it. There is one other that is line haul Stewart along with me. If I quit then he will have it all on his shoulders. So all we can do is our best. Time will tell!:1036316054: