Wow just wow a quote from a yrc teamster brother

darksky

TB Lurker
Credits
Just speculation on my part , but what makes you think that stupidity has anything to do with it. We have seen how ABF took it in the shorts, don't you think they are going to try to build on it? Look what happened after Patco and the tiered wage progression. The last best contract we got moved that from 2 to 3 years . Then the votes on our give backs. Why wouldn't they come back for more. When the mechanics were talking strike we were told we would be fired if we didn't cross their picket line. IMO that was the end of the line for this union as a bargaining force. Hell. we'll have the texas turncoat here telling us that they'll close the doors AGAIN! When will the national stand up for US? If we had real leadership , not just empty speeches by people that want to line their own pockets with multiple pensions, I would jump to the front of the line to support them. All we have now is the TDU telling us what is wrong but not once coming up with answers. Or a national leadership that is more worried about supporting 12 bus drivers than 25000 teamsters that are loosing pension and wages. Lets not talk about the loss of work rules. If this gets me banned so be it. I am sick and tired of watching this union and members take crap from corp. a holes and banks, that put this economy in the toilet and then come to the workers that built the business for more of our hard earned money !!

I dont know my friends if our 200 or so local drivers have to pay 66.45 a month for dues and the drivers that dont sign a card have to tack on another $300 to join that adds up to over $ 175,000 a year to 107 what do we get for this?? Its time to think long and hard about this. YRC is going down the crapper fast so I will post this question AGAIN. WHAT ARE WE GETTING FOR THE 66.45 a month and please dont tell me free health care or a FREE pension,,,,,,,,they are just both LIES someone tell me the truth please !!!!!

Here's the thing you have not answered any of my questions you keep avoiding the questions. We deserve the truth for our hard earned money. Please someone answer these 3 simple question and i will get off my soap box for the weekend.

1. Free health care please explain that one to me !

2. Free pension ???

3. What will happen when negotiations break down and stop because nct does not have the money to give the local drivers? How do i look at my wife and kids and tell them sorry your not eating this week because daddy is not working ?? How do you look at the other 1300 family's at nct and say sorry your not eating this week because we wanted a third party to lead us into a black hole of nothing ??? So no i am not going to call the hall because it seems like i cant get the truth from anyone other than the yrc board and those drivers are crapping their pants right now because they might be out on the street really soon !!!!!! Please tell the people the truth !!

Sorry if the questions are redundant I am looking for the truth. Another poster tried to in another thread and I thank you for trying.

Another quote from the YRC board is this what we want ???!!! WE ONLY GAVE BACK 5% !!!

2,500 miles per week average minus the 15% is $12,119 in road wages (Not even counting hourly for a road driver)

75% of Pension payments to be deferred = $24,599 per year

That comes to $24,599 on the average per year....

That would be an average of $122,995.00 over a five (5) extension we would have to pay to work at YRCW....and they wonder why so many are upset?.....KK

Here is another quote tell me again why I should vote for a union when you want to shut down a company ??? ???? A real man FEEDS HIS FAMILY !!!!

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing you are a real man and stood for something! You are a coward and a brown noser. YRC tried to by ABF last spring now this fall the are broke! give me a break! Ban me if you want, but i speak the truth!!!!

Whoa a little common sense I am shocked !! quote

know this- I'm tired of this BS. I've looked for another job, but I haven't found one yet. I look at it this way- I make over 50k a year. I pay nothing for my family's medical. I get 31 days a year off when I count holiday pay. If I found something even remotely close to that I would've been gone by now. So for all of you banging the drum for them to close, just find another job already. I don't like this anymore than the rest of you, but a lot of you fail to understand one simple thing- THEY DON'T HAVE ANY PILE OF HIDDEN MONEY TO GIVE US!

Dark sky exactly we won't benefit from a union coming in if there is no money to be had, NCT says there isn't the union says yes, so if they come in here and say o wow we were wrong NCT doesn't have the funds hidden like they claim... What then?? That smooth talk about increases goes right out the door and the YRC situation becomes relevant... Those folks are hindered at fixing the deal until they can come to an agreement, I just read the letterhead that was posted in our lounge a little while ago and it's enlightening, 32,000 peoples lives hang in the balance for YRC so I hope they can get through the roadblock and people can keep their jobs

For me the union dues alone and nothing else gives me peace of mind that I have someone covering my back with any issues. Ie unjust firing suspension and other stuff .Money we'll spent .ask any teamster if he kept his job with the help of the union

And I will state it again,,,,what are you worried about if your doing the right thing ? You know,,,, the " The hardest thing to do is the right thing when no one is watching you" I guess your one of those slackers. AND WHEN was the last time a NCT driver was fired ?????

Dark sky exactly we won't benefit from a union coming in if there is no money to be had, NCT says there isn't the union says yes, so if they come in here and say o wow we were wrong NCT doesn't have the funds hidden like they claim... What then?? That smooth talk about increases goes right out the door and the YRC situation becomes relevant... Those folks are hindered at fixing the deal until they can come to an agreement, I just read the letterhead that was posted in our lounge a little while ago and it's enlightening, 32,000 peoples lives hang in the balance for YRC so I hope they can get through the roadblock and people can keep their jobs

Thats my point we only gave back 5 % YRC drivers gave back 15 % ++ vacation weeks pension whose to say if you vote this through the doors don't shut or they ask for more give backs,,,, you have to look at the bigger picture here & that is 1500 total employees and their families are going to be screwed, I could not lay my head on the pillow knowing i did that to all of those people.

Thats my point we only gave back 5 % YRC drivers gave back 15 % ++ vacation weeks pension whose to say if you vote this through the doors don't shut or they ask for more give backs,,,, you have to look at the bigger picture here & that is 1500 total employees and their families are going to be screwed, I could not lay my head on the pillow knowing i did that to all of those people.

What do want no darsky, I work at abf even after the cut I still make way more than you. Heres the breakdown 22.76hr o/t after8, healthcare paid by employer, thats 100% paid insurance, go to the dentist cost me 0,crown 0, route canal 0 you get my point. Health insurance 10 dollar doctor after that 100% paid, go to the hospital for want ever 100 emergency room visit then I pay you guessed it 00000. Personal days 5,sicks days 4, vacation 1 after 2, then 2 after8. Road is 57 cents a mile, 15 minutes for ever time you drop and hook a trailer. Split a set and hook a set that 2 hours of pay at 22.76 hr. We also have a pension that is paid 8 and change per hour worked up to 40 hr. Currently our plan is running at 133 dollars per month for every year of service. 10 years that's 1333 month.

Forgot we also have profit sharing in this contract when the company does good we get a percentage of the money and will be getting 2 percent of are money back each year.

For me the union dues alone and nothing else gives me peace of mind that I have someone covering my back with any issues. Ie unjust firing suspension and other stuff .Money we'll spent .ask any teamster if he kept his job with the help of the union

Still, I don't know what I'm putting my money towards though. I have federal labor laws to protect me from unjust firings.

What do want no darsky, I work at abf even after the cut I still make way more than you. Heres the breakdown 22.76hr o/t after8, healthcare paid by employer, thats 100% paid insurance, go to the dentist cost me 0,crown 0, route canal 0 you get my point. Health insurance 10 dollar doctor after that 100% paid, go to the hospital for want ever 100 emergency room visit then I pay you guessed it 00000. Personal days 5,sicks days 4, vacation 1 after 2, then 2 after8. Road is 57 cents a mile, 15 minutes for ever time you drop and hook a trailer. Split a set and hook a set that 2 hours of pay at 22.76 hr. We also have a pension that is paid 8 and change per hour worked up to 40 hr. Currently our plan is running at 133 dollars per month for every year of service. 10 years that's 1333 month.

Out of curiosity, are all of these benefits what's causing ABF to go through a restructuring because the company can't support it? It sounds like this is horribly unstable for the company, and in turn, jobs. What is it? 7% paycut?

Still, I don't know what I'm putting my money towards though. I have federal labor laws to protect me from unjust firings.

Out of curiosity, are all of these benefits what's causing ABF to go through a restructuring because the company can't support it? It sounds like this is horribly unstable for the company, and in turn, jobs. What is it? 7% paycut?

ABF just posted there 3rd quarter number 94.2 or and 14 million profit and that's the old contract. Add a million dollars a week to that number under the new contract. The 7% paycut is because people like you are willing to work for a song and dance dragging the whole industry backwards. WE are getting 2% back every april plus profit sharing. When are you getting yours back?

Hey there looking to put on 25 road drivers in Carlisle PA, so anyone wanting to make some real cash apply online.