ABF | Wow! People. This isn't 1978

068man

TB Lurker
Credits
ABF is our workhorse.
Our horse has had a bad leg. 2 yrs ago, we voted NOT
To help our horse. (When ABF asked us for a pay cut)
(However, my local DID vote to help 55 to 3, so I can't blame all of us)

Now,our horse is down ON THE GROUND and we have a choice. We can nurse her back to health or she will
Stay down till eaten by wolves, and we will have no horse nomore.
(Again,ABF is the horse in my parable,here )
Times have changed, and even with these concessions ,its still a better job than anything. Within
75 miles of me.
We are all in this together and we all need
A strong,loyal,loving workhorse.

ABF is our workhorse.
Our horse has had a bad leg. 2 yrs ago, we voted NOT
To help our horse. (When ABF asked us for a pay cut)
(However, my local DID vote to help 55 to 3, so I can't blame all of us)

Now,our horse is down ON THE GROUND and we have a choice. We can nurse her back to health or she will
Stay down till eaten by wolves, and we will have no horse nomore.
(Again,ABF is the horse in my parable,here )
Times have changed, and even with these concessions ,its still a better job than anything. Within
75 miles of me.
We are all in this together and we all need
A strong,loyal,loving workhorse.

I'm not gonna vote yes to eliminate my job.
There are things that can be done without giving away a big % of road freight. There is no way to check what % of our road freight they take.
Look at all the road jobs that have been lost with PSE.
Lets draw this contract up so you loose your job then ill vote yes.

Huh! Well, my business agent says we need to support this AND EVERY dispatcher at my terminal says that we should support it in order for abf to be comfortable.
They control the freight,and I think that if we help them,they'll help us.
My dispatchers are professional load coordinators with knowledge and I value
Their advice.

So....you and your "NO voter"buddies
Are just wrong. And selfish.

Huh! Well, my business agent says we need to support this AND EVERY dispatcher at my terminal says that we should support it in order for abf to be comfortable.
Their advice.

Oh well you didn't say your dispatcher was in favor of this. Nuff said its literally impossible for a dispatcher to lie...are you crazy

Do you think your dispatcher or freight coordinator cares if I sit home while panther hauls my freight. NO!!!! They don't care

You don't have a road board at your yard you could care less if we ever work .

Lets have subcontractors deliver all your freight and you sit at the house. Then you and you yes vote short bus buddies can tell me to vote yes till then forget it.

ABF needs some help but I'm not going to vote yes to kill my job .

Vote NO send them back to the table.

Well, ill choose QUALIFIED opinions on this matter.
If I'm sick I go to an MD not "the dude at the register at revco"
My dispatchers are college grads.
One doesn't go to a 4 year university
Just to give bad advice to the people he is responsible for.

Their advice.

Is this the best you can do? lol Of course management wants this to pass. This affects us more then it will ever affect you. I could go line by line but It won't matter to you anyway.

We are not the highest paid in the industry (and if passed, our wages will be lower then nons). and now with this TA the IBT is giving our Road work away,( jobs will be lost). Tell me What does audio and video camera's have to do with saving the company money. this is just another bad supplement that is not needed. I need more information on the Pension and whats going to happen with it. And we need to know what is included in this TA that is not here for us to read and make an informative decision. You want to take away vacations that we need and work all year for, and YOU CALL US SELFISH. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

Local Unions and Business Agents are being told by the IBT to sell this to the members, knowing this is not a good contract. otherwise we would have been informed right after a agreement was made by the IBT and the company. They are looking out for their best interest, NOT OURS.

I will vote no and send them back to the table as many times as it takes for them to get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Their advice.

You come here and tell is this, Post us your link so we can read what your trying to sell us Thanks

Well, ill choose QUALIFIED opinions on this matter.
If I'm sick I go to an MD not "the dude at the register at revco"
My dispatchers are college grads.
One doesn't go to a 4 year university
Just to give bad advice to the people he is responsible for.
Did you ever stop to think your dispatcher is looking out for him and not you?

i dont have a link. im just a linehauler trying to wake up you neandrathols with the truth

Vote whats best for you and your family, but I don't think you are qualified to make decisions for anybody else. I am sorry that you have not done any research on your own, and you are just taking the word from someone else. You may want to do some research before you come on and start calling ABF Teamsters names.. Just Saying

Vote whats best for you and your family, but I don't think you are qualified to make decisions for anybody else. I am sorry that you have not done any research on your own, and you are just taking the word from someone else. You may want to do some research before you come on and start calling ABF Teamsters names.. Just Saying

WELL, YEA.... im one of those teamsters. at this point in time, there are 2 tiers of teamsters. the ones who want to do the right thing,want to protect our jobs, and then theres you......you..

....you antiquated "no" boys.

LMAO 068
because the dispatcher went to college they have your best interests at heart LMAO where's ashton kucher?!! I am being punked right?!!

well, abf is a reputable co. with reputable mgmt. all the trash you hear is either made up or was from some disgruntled dock man who only votes no because of his mental disorder.

i aint educated , but am smart enough to seek advice from people who are. my dispatchers, all 4 of em, say we should do this. i agree.

Their advice.

Yes we know Dispatchers don't care one way or another they have nothing to lose do they.

Is this the best you can do? lol Of course management wants this to pass. This affects us more then it will ever affect you. I could go line by line but It won't matter to you anyway.

We are not the highest paid in the industry (and if passed, our wages will be lower then nons). and now with this TA the IBT is giving our Road work away,( jobs will be lost). Tell me What does audio and video camera's have to do with saving the company money. this is just another bad supplement that is not needed. I need more information on the Pension and whats going to happen with it. And we need to know what is included in this TA that is not here for us to read and make an informative decision. You want to take away vacations that we need and work all year for, and YOU CALL US SELFISH. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

Local Unions and Business Agents are being told by the IBT to sell this to the members, knowing this is not a good contract. otherwise we would have been informed right after a agreement was made by the IBT and the company. They are looking out for their best interest, NOT OURS.

I will vote no and send them back to the table as many times as it takes for them to get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

NOW QUIT AVOIDING MY QUESTION, TELL US WHY THEY NEED THESE CONCESSIONS AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IF YOU WANT ANY CREDIBILITY. DO YOU NEED ME TO REPEAT THEM?

WELL, YEA.... im one of those teamsters. at this point in time, there are 2 tiers of teamsters. the ones who want to do the right thing,want to protect our jobs, and then theres you......you..

....you antiquated "no" boys.

ANSWER MY QUESTIONS IF YOU HAVE ANY PROOF

heres proof! ABF is having to take on debt for the first time in history. they will have to pay back any money WITH INTEREST!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOURE GONNA VOTE NO, JUST QUIT!

well, abf is a reputable co. with reputable mgmt. all the trash you hear is either made up or was from some disgruntled dock man who only votes no because of his mental disorder.

i aint educated , but am smart enough to seek advice from people who are. my dispatchers, all 4 of em, say we should do this. i agree.

I will help you out with the questions again in case you can not remember them

We are not the highest paid in the industry (and if passed, our wages will be lower then nons). and now with this TA the IBT is giving our Road work away,( jobs will be lost). Tell me What does audio and video camera's have to do with saving the company money. this is just another bad supplement that is not needed. I need more information on the Pension and whats going to happen with it. And we need to know what is included in this TA that is not here for us to read and make an informative decision. You want to take away vacations that we need and work all year for.