Estes | Wow!!

Hey Jim how did you boys fair in Idaho. It's just unbelievable how much change there is. Let us know whats up. I heard colo hit hard bummer.

We lost 2 dam good drivers. It is sad that quality drivers are being let go. It sucks to loose your job but at least they are showing that seniority counts for something.

Oh by the way our drivers have been keeping busy. We canceled vacation time to cover for the lost drivers.

I have been cut 8 times this year so someone else could do my run ( which I would gladly make it a few more if it would keep good drivers around ). I ask for Friday off and I am told NO!!!! I bet I wont have the option to say no I am working next time they want to cut my run. Just frustrated I wouldnt bother but now our competitors are going to get at least 2 great drivers.

I will be tipping a few ( yeah right a few :hysterical: ) this weekend for everyone laid off.

We lost 2 dam good drivers. It is sad that quality drivers are being let go. It sucks to loose your job but at least they are showing that seniority counts for something.

Oh by the way our drivers have been keeping busy. We canceled vacation time to cover for the lost drivers.

I have been cut 8 times this year so someone else could do my run ( which I would gladly make it a few more if it would keep good drivers around ). I ask for Friday off and I am told NO!!!! I bet I wont have the option to say no I am working next time they want to cut my run. Just frustrated I wouldnt bother but now our competitors are going to get at least 2 great drivers.

I will be tipping a few ( yeah right a few :hysterical: ) this weekend for everyone laid off.
Two Sided View:

Side 1: Been quiet for us and I am thankful. At least I know I'm working tonite. Glad we haven't been affected.

Side 2: To stop thinking about myself, I can't help but feel for my brothers out west. Believe me guys and gals, though we haven't been hit, you're still part of our team and most of us hope this all gets sorted out and things settle down to your advantage.

Though we're safe so far, I can't help but wonder why the big slowdown of freight being the excuse for layoffs/cuts out west has only affected the west. Is only the west coast slow. We must be so narrow minded to think that freight in and out of the west only affects the west. I still go back to my original thoughts.

Estes wants to get rid of all the buyout drivers and high cost senior drivers. Yeah, they're allowing rebids yearly from what is being said, but their also cutting all the gravy runs. Enough to finally **** these guys off enough to leave? We'll see.

Like I said, until the rest of the company starts seeing the same problems with layoffs/cuts, I won't for one moment believe all this crap is about slowdown. Maybe there has been slowdown in the west, but maybe they should get some accounts instead of pissing customers off and turning the switch off out there.