Estes | Wow!

just an update; I start extra board linehaul tomorrow. Things got so slow that the TM called us bottom guys in to propose throwing us on utility..but I had the jump on him had already signed up for it(xtra). I didn't mind P&D but it seemed the bs was starting to pile up..like guys getting written up for nothing basically. One guy was written up 3 times in one week and one morning just upped and left. Plus it seemed each morning I was spending an hr trying to find a tractor. l dont mind being out all week if I have to so I'm looking forward to it.
what term you out of?

I ran extra a few weeks ago and fell just a few pennys short of $2300 and took Wed and 1/2 A day Thurs off.
extraboard is where its at.

I think I agree mildew. I haven't had any problem at all getting my miles but I do notice that alot of the terminals are dead. I had one day this week where I ran 120 miles empty, picked up a loaded set and took it 60 miles, then ran empty 400 miles to go on break at a terminal that was swamped with freight. Sometimes I sit and scatch my head at what they do, but I'm not getting paid to think. I get paid to move trailers.:shift:

I think I agree mildew. I haven't had any problem at all getting my miles but I do notice that alot of the terminals are dead. I had one day this week where I ran 120 miles empty, picked up a loaded set and took it 60 miles, then ran empty 400 miles to go on break at a terminal that was swamped with freight. Sometimes I sit and scatch my head at what they do, but I'm not getting paid to think. I get paid to move trailers.:shift:

I was told along time ago I wasn't getting paid to think. I thought that was good because that was one less thing.
We have been busy so far. Jan and Feb are normally the slowest. Frieght is falling off the docks right now. Hopefully things will continue.

talking to my tm, he said the company expects a big boom by february
i was getting more than average miles until the holidays, which i definitely don't mind the extra time at home

talking to my tm, he said the company expects a big boom by february
i was getting more than average miles until the holidays, which i definitely don't mind the extra time at home
I've been getting all I can stand thus far. I hope your right about the boom in February. It's a good feeling knowing money won't be an issue. Everyone seems to have a positive attitude and everyone seems happy at my barn. I think something is in the works with all the new trucks .

mildew said:
I've been getting all I can stand thus far. I hope your right about the boom in February. It's a good feeling knowing money won't be an issue. Everyone seems to have a positive attitude and everyone seems happy at my barn. I think something is in the works with all the new trucks .

Would not know these feelings at purple land. Actually it's almost exact opposite lol. Weird how two companies can be sooo different but do the same exact thing as a business. Funny lol

I'm out of 024. Xtraboard's been good to me. Only slow week was last week had to sit Monday out,otherwise I'm loving it. Another thing that kinda sucks is waiting for a load..sat 8 hrs at Portland,ME on Thursday (though my buddies had warned me about it)..Happy Hew Year guys!

Would not know these feelings at purple land. Actually it's almost exact opposite lol. Weird how two companies can be sooo different but do the same exact thing as a business. Funny lol
Yea, its crazy how 2 of the same companies can be so different. I think your spot will be availiable over here soon if you want to come back. Your already tripple trained

I'm out of 024. Xtraboard's been good to me. Only slow week was last week had to sit Monday out,otherwise I'm loving it. Another thing that kinda sucks is waiting for a load..sat 8 hrs at Portland,ME on Thursday (though my buddies had warned me about it)..Happy Hew Year guys!

Good to hear its working out for ya. Hopefully the weather is better up there this year.

mildew said:
Yea, its crazy how 2 of the same companies can be so different. I think your spot will be availiable over here soon if you want to come back. Your already tripple trained

Yeah wait and see hopefully no bridges were burned I should've called JR myself when things got super slow last year and chatted with him so there was no room for different interpretation. Should know something this next week. Fingers crossed keep ya posted.