FedEx Freight | Wreck and fire in Seattle

Cited? By his actions, and driving too fast for conditions, cost the company, and thousands of people being late. Now his career is over. One good thing, no one got hurt or killed.

Yea He's fine alright. He will be heading to the unemployment line after a conference call with HR, then it's GOODBYE.

And what should the company do? Should they be forced to keep him on? After all, he has rights too. There are consequences to our actions. He's fortunate no one got hurt and he can find another job.

Sent from my electronic doohickey.

FedEx must have one of the worst saftey ratings in the industry when it comes to wrecks! I've heard about more fedex wrecks wether it be freight or ground in the past couple of years then anyone else.Slow down!Freight arriving a couple of minutes late is better then not arriving at all!Besides that your family needs you.

We had a meeting at the sc this morning the instructions were not to talk to people about this and that 27 out of 47 drivers did not meet their stops per hr goal on the street...It's time for csa 2010 to do their job and hold the officers of this company responsible for the bad safety record .

And the customers pay big bucks to ship their freight so we can wreck the set. One of our road drivers in Stickerpatch tried to ship a pallet from Seattle to his center with employee discount. It was 3 times the price of SAIA, with the employee discount included! Needless to say, he shipped it SAIA. Picked it up in uniform on his way home from work...nice touch.

ST

And the customers pay big bucks to ship their freight so we can wreck the set. One of our road drivers in Stickerpatch tried to ship a pallet from Seattle to his center with employee discount. It was 3 times the price of SAIA, with the employee discount included! Needless to say, he shipped it SAIA. Picked it up in uniform on his way home from work...nice touch.

ST

I did that a couple times with OD's pallet rate when I was at FedEx. They never batted an eye at my uni.

Sleeping under the bridge? If they were awake the story might have been different, whew. It's amazing how Fedex is always in the news, with billboards that big it's hard not to notice..

Empty, rain, and curves- not good, not to mention 4 am.

I'm sure for a few bucks and a bite of his sandwich, a deer in the road, with fur to accompany it would have been mentioned @ provided. I've had stones hurled at me from "under the bridges." Sadly there is a whole community of bridge dwellers in most parts these days.

Commute should not have been that bad, with unemployment so high, must have been the closer crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
If RC was more technically inclined, he pad some pictures on his iPhone of this wreck that he could put up. I think survival of the driver was aided by the cab coming completely off the frame.

Didn't see any brake marks on the highway tonight! Think he nodded off?? City drivers may bump and scratch things, but when a linehaul driver for any company has a wreck, boy it's a doozie!!

I did that a couple times with OD's pallet rate when I was at FedEx. They never batted an eye at my uni.

LOL, I walked into a Roadway terminal years ago to borrow some placards, they gave me 6 rations of you know what, I found out later that my dispatcher, (the best to ever work in the business), knew the TM and Supervisors, I shoulda known that when he sent me there...DOH!

lots of wrecks in your xector saw two on my way to st Louis last night both mt and pulled to the side of road when hen you in a westerly wind don't pull off on a ramp facing north mt and expect thte best /face it head on and drive right thru it/I didit 62mph it was horrible